• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The MMA/UFC Thread

Niall

International Coach
Very interesting how they handle Pimblett and Molly, both are clearly huge draws in the UK but will they ever not fight jobbers?

Saddened to see Big Tom get such a freak injury, that's going to take a long time to come back from.:sadwalk:

Blaydes v Gane/Tai next cheers.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Very interesting how they handle Pimblett and Molly, both are clearly huge draws in the UK but will they ever not fight jobbers?

Saddened to see Big Tom get such a freak injury, that's going to take a long time to come back from.:sadwalk:

Blaydes v Gane/Tai next cheers.
I am looking forward to the next Stipe Miocic fight. It's funny how badly Dana wanted Stipe to have one bad fight(which can happen any second in HW div) so that he can sideline him, but the whole thing backfired coz Francis(who was being pushed by Dana) realised his worth and started to stand up for himself. Also, the whole Stipe-Cormier was handled so badly, Stipe was treated like **** and Cormier behaved like an entitled bitch throughout their trilogy.

Seriously, it's a shame to see some of these fighters giving their everything to the UFC only to be treated badly by them if they don't fall in line. Stipe is the heavyweight GOAT and has been treated like ****. Stipe's resume is something else, don't think we'll have someone like him anytime soon. Ngannou, Cormier, dos Santos, Overeem, Fabricio Werdum, Mark Hunt, Arlovski - that's one hell of a list considering how often a random punch(not even a powerful one) just changes things in HW matches.

cnerd123

likes this
lol @ Leon Edward's corner

Dominant from Usman after losing that first round. Edwards outclassed, tho he didn't fight his best fight

Rockhold retiring. Very honest there in the ring, fighting is brutal and that was a hell of a fight after a long layoff.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah was fuming with myself for staying up to watch it but what a finish!

Rematch next for sure.

Costa v Luke was fun but not good quality, Pedro beat an absolute bum and Aldo fight was dull.

Romanov did not look great sadly either.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
definite rematch coming up
Yeah was fuming with myself for staying up to watch it but what a finish!

Rematch next for sure.
I think Leon should make Usman wait and take up a couple of easy fights. Edwards has had one of the best runs ever, time to take it slow going forward and not get pressurised by Dana or anyone else, he is the champ now and can dictate terms.

Imagine if Edwards would have lost to Usman, Dana would have simply written him off(see what he did with Stipe) coz he doesn't like him that much and he would had to wait forever for his next chance at the gold. Fighters who are not pushed by Dana should always be careful.

Also, he needs to spend some time in building his personality, his press conferences are horrible, he should speak less but say things that make sense instead of blabbering random ****.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Also, I hope Nate somehow manages to beat Khamzat, we'll have Edwards vs Nate and all these little games that Dana is playing will go right out of the window.

Niall

International Coach
Also, I hope Nate somehow manages to beat Khamzat, we'll have Edwards vs Nate and all these little games that Dana is playing will go right out of the window.
he ended up getting a much easier match which he won and probably got to hold up Dana for more money!:D

He and Ferguson are totally washed though, that was a painful main event, both lads would have been murdered by their initial respective opponents.

plenty of fun finishes but it felt like a glorified Fight night, LOL at the Americans who paid big bucks for it!

Niall

International Coach
Khamzat v Colby makes sense, but Colby will duck that and his focus is on taking all of Masvidal's money in court.