• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The MMA/UFC Thread

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Talk on reddit about Khabib losing his US green card.

Heh if Trump gets involved in this, exactly what the sport needs.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
This is what happens when you tell these guys over and over that there's no consequences for their ****** behaviour.

Seeing Conor get what was coming to him was immensely satisfying though.

King Pietersen

International Captain
What a ****show that was. Such a shame to end like that as well, completely marred what was a beautiful performance from Khabib. The leg control, the ground and pound (I don't know how Conor survived Round 2) and ultimately the submission, what a performance, to ruin it like that, such a waste. Conor's no innocent man in this either, he punched Khabib's cousin a few seconds after Khabib jumped the cage. Worst bit of it all though was Conor getting sucker punched by two of Khabib's team-mates in the cage, awful stuff.

On another note, how ****ing good was Lewis-Volkov and even better Pettis-Ferguson? What a fight that was. I love Tony Ferguson. He's a lunatic but **** me he's entertaining. Awesome performance.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Khabib's an idiot. Can Georges St-Pierre come back and **** him up?
This, this and even more this. Good luck wrapping GSP's legs up and keeping him in place. He's been dealing with that **** with the Danaher stable of killers for years. GSP could be the only guy to give Khabib a real good fight, although my guy El Cucuy would give it a good ****ing go I'd imagine.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah agreed. It was carny stuff really. Would have loved for Tenshin to have just gone "**** it", copped the massive fine, and kicked Mayweather's head off though. WAC.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah agreed. It was carny stuff really. Would have loved for Tenshin to have just gone "**** it", copped the massive fine, and kicked Mayweather's head off though. WAC.
I'm sure there was something in the contract that was worse than a money fine, Floyd is that kind of coward.

I also think Tenshin really wanted to show he was up to it. He was devastated when his corner threw in the towel.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm sure there was something in the contract that was worse than a money fine, Floyd is that kind of coward.

I also think Tenshin really wanted to show he was up to it. He was devastated when his corner threw in the towel.
Just made me like him more tbh.

Made me immediately think of Ibushi losing the IWGP belt to AJ.

andmark

International Captain
Jorge Masvidal's post-match interview was exactly and more than what I want from combat sport participants. Extremely respectful to his opponent, thankful to those who helped him, and confident on top of his humbleness. Very likeable from him.