• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The MMA/UFC Thread

King Pietersen

International Captain
Poirier-Gaethje was, as predicted, a ****ing awesome fight. Would watch either of these guys fight anyone, they're both so good to watch, and Poirier looks awesome at 155!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Punk gave it his all, fair dos to him for that. But yeah, he was outclassed and that should be it for him now.

Mike5181

International Captain
Anyone that played a contact sport to a high level in high school would be able to beat Punk in a fight. You can tell by the way he moves, he's just not an athlete. Everything looks sloppy and inefficient. He's tough, I'll give him that. But he has no control over the way his body moves. That was obvious when he was in pro wrestling, but he made up for it by being a good storyteller in the ring and a great promo guy. Someone like AJ Styles, equally as untrained but with a cheerleading background, would have mauled Punk with the same training he had.

King Pietersen

International Captain
He's been training for nearly 4 years with Duke Roufus full-time and the only positive thing he showed is that he has heart and can take a punch. Zero grasp of the most basic of techniques, no control of his body movements, no explosiveness, no power, he should never have been put in there. Embarrassing for the UFC that he was on the main card.

Other than that fight it was a great card though. Bobby Knuckles-Romero was an incredible fight, how Whittaker survived those bombs I do not know, Yoel hits like a truck. Razor-close decision which I'd loved to have seen play out again if it wasn't for Romero missing weight two fights in a row. Also, fair play to Colby. Put it on RDA from the first bell, incredible display of cardio and pressure. Intrigued to see how he does against Woodley next.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
That was the best post-fight I've ever seen, and Brock's best promo, he was fired up!

Pumped for DC-Brock though, I just hope it happens without any USADA shenanigans. The spectacle of a Brock Lesnar UFC event is what kick-started my interest in MMA so love having him back main eventing.

Also so happy for DC. Comparing where he was almost a year ago is remarkable so deserved.