• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The MMA/UFC Thread

King Pietersen

International Captain

DJ's just the best, isn't he?

Ferguson-Lee was a disappointing fight. It was sort of exciting, but only because neither of them blocked a punch with anything other than their face. Ferguson will need to stop leaving that chin out there when he steps in with Conor, otherwise it'll be a very short night.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Watched the 217 Extended Preview the other night and GSP's body looks really weird. I really hope for his sake he doesn't show up looking like that on the night. Looks blown up, not anywhere near as shredded as he used to be, carrying a lot of excess body fat and water weight. Reckon it'll just be what he looks like pre-camp, but we'll see.

Personally can't see any way Bisping doesn't win. Much bigger, stronger man, can't see Georges having an advantage on the feet, doesn't have the power to hurt Bisping so won't be able to make Michael tentative which is where he struggles, and I can't see him being able to take and keep Bisping down. GSP also got hit A LOT in his last few fights and don't think he'll be able to take Bisping's shots. I see it being a fairly convincing Bisping performance and a big win - then he'll move on to Whittaker before retiring.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Colby Covington went full heel on Brazil last night. Beat Maia up and then called Brazil a dump. Would get absolutely wrecked by Woodley though.

Brunson starched Machida as well. Not a good night for the Brazilian favourites. Brunson is so deadly when he's aggressive, unbelievable power.

King Pietersen

International Captain
What a card, one of the best in recent memory. Was so wrong RE: GSP-Bisping. GSP looked incredible, should never have doubted the man. Dominated the striking, took Mike down pretty easily and finished him convincingly. Superb performance - excited for GSP-Whittaker. Mike'll probably fight Yoel, get rekt and retire.

TJ-Cody might be one of the best title fights I've seen for a long time. Is TJ ever in a dull fight? Back and forth slugfest, comeback KO win for TJ, couldn't have been a better result really. TAM are stuck in this high-school bro club, scared of evolution, hated on TJ for wanting to improve as a martial artist. So glad he shut them down by knocking out Cody. Would happily watch a re-match, or failing that a TJ-Cruz re-match if Dominick's feet are up to fighting right now.

Sucks for Joanna, was really expecting her to run through Rose but fair play to her, she unleashed a hell of a left-hook that JJ just didn't see coming. Bet the UFC are pissed - Joanna was set to become a big star, she gets great reactions everytime she fights. Wonder what's next. Should be Rose-Andrade or Karolina really but can see JJ getting a re-match and Andrade-Karolina fighting out for the next shot. Such an exciting division!

Darren Till is campaigning for a fight against Wonderboy which is definitely a fight I would love to watch - hopefully at the Echo Arena in Liverpool.

Man I'm loving the UFC right now, every division is absolutely stacked with talent.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Couple of good fights nixed. Cruz out of his fight with Rivera after breaking his arm and Frankie is reportedly out of his title fight with Holloway. Sucks.

Fox Sports card full of names this weekend. Poirier-Pettis headlining, Matt Brown-Diego Sanchez should be a barnburner and then lower down the card you've got names like Arlovski, Marquardt, Lauzon, Dodson and Super Sage. Should be a very solid card.

Till-Wonderboy has been confirmed by Dana - Feb 24th in England. Means 2 UFC events in 3 weeks held in England. Echo Arena is currently unbooked for the 24th Feb too, pretty exciting. Hopefully won't be a stupid 3am start like the Bisping-Hendo card, if it's not, I'll be there.

King Pietersen

International Captain
If you've not seen it yet - Pettis-Poirier was one hell of a scrap. Shame about the finish, but what a fight.

Also, Michael Bisping is a ****ing savage. Has taken the fight with Gastelum 3 weeks out from the GSP fight. He's not in a rush to retire yet.

Niall

International Coach
Conor doesn't need the fight, but can't blame for him not going near Khabib. Dude is so ****ing good right now.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Khabib's still wide open in the striking so Conor could catch him rushing in but would need to starch him quickly to have a chance. If Khabib gets a hold of him, which it's likely he would do, it wouldn't be pretty. Khabib looked terrifying against Barboza. Round 1 was one of the most dominant rounds I've ever seen, Barboza looked like he'd been run over by a car after that mauling.

I think we'll see Conor/Tony or Tony/Khabib before we see Conor in there with that monster.