• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The MMA/UFC Thread

King Pietersen

International Captain
UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley took exception to criticism leveled against him by UFC President Dana White regarding his victory over Demian Maia at UFC 214 on Saturday.

Woodley's comments came during the Monday edition of The MMA Hour, via ESPN.com's Greg Rosenstein (Warning: link contains NSFW language):

"If you're going to publicly scrutinize me—Dana White—he needs to apologize to me. I've done nothing but good stuff for the sport. I've done nothing but be a good [role] model for the organization. I fight with f--king integrity. I covered your sport from the Fox desk a week before my fight. I always uphold my responsibilities with the organization. The word behind business is 'man.' You need to be a man and owe me a public apology. And if I don't get that, I'm going to start leaking some s--t that people don't want to be out in the wind. I'm not kidding about that."

While Woodley retained his title in a unanimous decision, White thought the champion should've sealed the victory much earlier.

"[Maia] had one eye in the first round and you're [Woodley] faster, you're stronger, your hands are better, you're explosive," White said, per MMA Fighting's Danny Segura. "I believe that Woodley could've finished that in the first round, and if not, he definitely could've finished it in the second round."

White wasn't the only one who looked at Woodley's performance with a critical eye. Bleacher Report's Scott Harris listed the 35-year-old as one of his "losers" from UFC 214, arguing Woodley's conservative approach and dominance over Maia hurt the entertainment of the bout.

According to UFC.com, Woodley landed 57 total strikes over the five rounds and Maia connected on 29 strikes.

After the fight, Woodley said a shoulder injury had prevented him from putting together a better striking display, telling reporters the shoulder "slipped out" in the first or second round, per MMA Fighting's Alexander K. Lee (Warning: link contains NSFW language).

Tyron Woodley Demands Apology from Dana White After Ripping UFC 214 Performance | Bleacher Report
Woodley will regret it if he does something dumb. Already out of favour with Dana, if he starts leaking stuff it will be a slippery slope.

cnerd123

likes this
Retaining the belt with boring fights on big cards against top contenders, constantly playing the victim, and now blackmailing Dana White for an apology

Woodley getting that X-Pac heat.

Mike5181

International Captain
And after that fake as **** speech so many people bought after the fight, Jon Jones fails his drug test lmao.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, taking cocaine was dumb. This was cynical, not dumb.

He's simply always been a drug cheat. He couldn't stop now or he'd get smashed (not to mention grow titties). He pretty much had to keep taking them and hope that he could beat USADA. It makes him a complete fraud, but it's not dumb.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Stupid articles like this one only make people more ignorant:
https://sports.yahoo.com/jon-jones-best-fighter-ever-finally-beaten-060806235.html

It’s confusing. Why? Why the PEDs? Unless USADA got this wrong, it makes no sense. At 6-foot-4, with speed and strength and skill, he was the one guy who seemingly never needed it. He was a born natural. Both his older brother (Arthur in Baltimore) and younger brother (Chandler in New England) are Super Bowl champions, yet he was the one they called gifted.
Did you ever think, that maybe, just maybe, that "speed, strength" and "natural" talent might've had something to do with the steroids?

King Pietersen

International Captain
Nah, taking cocaine was dumb. This was cynical, not dumb.

He's simply always been a drug cheat. He couldn't stop now or he'd get smashed (not to mention grow titties). He pretty much had to keep taking them and hope that he could beat USADA. It makes him a complete fraud, but it's not dumb.
Nah, he's definitely dumb as **** too.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Some great fights last night. Stephens put on the most brutal leg-kicking performance since Aldo-Faber, RDA looked spectacular against Magny, Cejudo looked great and then Nunes-Shevchenko was a really interesting and technical fight. I thought Valentina just did enough to win, landed more punches but think the takedown in round 5 hurt her. Would like to see a re-match. Valentina certainly wants it, she was fired up!

King Pietersen

International Captain
Just re-watched McGregor-Diaz II for the first time since it happened. Such a good ****ing fight. Rounds 1-3 really easy to judge, first two were dominant round wins for Conor and round 3 was Nate's. Round 4 was very close but I gave it to Conor. Nate had some success in the clinch but didn't really land much, Conor landed some big shots and rocked Nate late in the round. Round 5 was also pretty close until the last minute where Nate nabbed it with the takedown. So I had 1, 2 and 4 for Conor but man, what a close fight. Hopefully they get the trilogy fight booked in for December as rumoured, would love to see them scrap again but this time for the 155 belt.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
As predicted - Jones b-sample has come back positive - still showing traces of Turinabol. So unless they can somehow prove it was in a tainted supplement, whereby he'd get a reduced sentence (like Yoel), he's looking at between 2 and 4 years. 2 years is the minimum enforced by the athletic commission, and then USADA can add an extra two. Hope he's invested his money wisely, he's going to need it.