• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The MMA/UFC Thread

Compton

International Debutant
Rousey suffering from how easy her success came before.

She had it so easy for so long that she just wasn't preparing properly for fights, not appreciating how the division was improving and how naive she had become.

Holm sparked her out because her moron coach didn't think striking defence was important against a ****ing champion boxer, because they had developed an attitude of "**** it, judo throw then arm bar".

She's been sparked out there because she still can't handle striking. To make it worse, her moron of a coach seems to be encouraging her to try to box. If she was sticking about I'd be talking about how she needs a new coach, but there's no chance she sticks about with UFC now. Transition to acting or WWE.

indiaholic

International Captain
Too much anger man.. She is a bronze medal judoka and that is a sport with tons of depth. She pretty much popularised women's MMA to the level where it is now. She was before Conor the biggest star they had. She is a multi millionaire who will retire at 30. It has been a pretty awesome life..
Her biggest fault is that she walked in to a mediocre gym and was too loyal/stupid to change that. And that is not a huge tragedy.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Based on what I've seen of her Rousey has no business being in the ring with legitimately skilled fighters like Nunes. No idea how bad the women were while she was dominating but they must have been pretty ****ing terrible.
2 of Nunes' losses have come against fighters that Rousey beat in 25 and 14 seconds respectively.

Nothing that I have seen/heard of Rousey in the last 12 months led me to believe that she should have been fighting again e.g. rumored mental breakdown, miscarriage, general behaviour

Plus there is also the fact that her coach is allegedly a complete idiot ......

Blocky

Banned
The problem for Rousey is that you've got a combination of not understanding her limitations, and not getting any better due to the coaching she's receiving and the fact that she's not working hard in other camps getting her limitations tested repeatedly. I have no doubt she can still be a top fighter, but she's so arrogant and so stubborn that leaving Edmund ( despite watching him **** up her boyfriend too ) isn't on her mind, and at the same time she believes she's the best at everything she does, so her gameplan is "I must come forward" - she was coming forward towards Nunes which was so ****ing stupid.

All she needed to do against Nunes was feint off the back foot, slip a punch, get in the clinch and take her down - not once did she level change, not once did she feint, she came forward with her chin poking up and the most rudimentary defense I've seen and got absolutely pinged. I quite like the fact that she lost, because no fighter deserves to win when they refuse to address holes in their game and camp.

Compton

International Debutant
Watching that fight back, Rousey seems to forget that she's supposed to move her feet until she's already been punched a couple of times. You almost see the moments that she remembers to start moving them.

Was the same against Holm.

Blocky

Banned
Mark Hunt won't get ****, the contract has waivers in it that basically ensure the UFC cannot be sued.

In other news, the reason Rousey is getting such vitriol towards her after this loss is due to the way she used to act after beating girls, running around the ring, laughing, calling herself the baddest bitch in the octagon, showing no care or concern for what damage might have been caused to her opponents, making statements along the lines of the Ring Girls only being paid to show their **** and she's better than them at that anyway.

Be a bitch, get treated like one when things don't go your way.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Yeah me too. Just hope he doesn't come in with that stupid upright stance again. Expecting him to get smashed by Yair, but would love a vintage Prodigy performance.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For all the Indian lads, Super Fight League is going to be broadcast live from this Friday on Sony ESPN.

Indian MMA ftw!

linkage

King Pietersen

International Captain

This is some great stuff. The Jenna Jameson line was ****ing gold. Also, Tito is the worst talker in the history of MMA.

"Like, erm, Chael......The Pee.........Sonnen"
"I expect no least than what I expect...in my camp"
"He embarrassed me on my Birthday"

It's stupid, but I'm excited for this fight. Love Chael. Hope he whips Tito and then moves to Wanderlei.