Cricket Player Manager
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: The MMA/UFC Thread

Anyone watching the new season of TUF?

2 episodes in and already 10 times better than the whole of the last season.

Loving the whole Jones vs Sonnen angle. And by the looks of things, it will only get better.

Big night for the UFC. Bit of a mixed card so far, Fabers & Robertsons submissions the standouts though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Mark Hunt!

Bringing back the K1 memories.

**** yeah!

Silva and Hunt knocking everyone the **** out in Japan.

Is this 2003?

StefanStruve
    Thanks for the support everybody, I wanted Herb to take the tooth out of my cheek and continue but then it turned out my jaw was broken..

Last edited by KiWiNiNjA; 03-03-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Hunt to fight dos Santos at UFC 160!

still scratching around in the same old hole
    I'll be in England for 2 weeks in the summer and Ken Shamrock is fighting in Doncaster on the same day I'll be in the town. I don't for a second think the fight will actually go ahead but I'm strangely excited at the prospect of watching
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Forget Evans vs Henderson, that's gonna be a snooze-fest. There's one fight everyone needs to watch in the next few weeks, and it's happening in Poland. Mamed Khalidov vs Melvin Manhoef. It has the potential to be an absolute slug-fest. Manhoef is an absolute destroyer, and Khalidov has said he's going to stand with him and make it a fight. Khalidov is probably the best prospect currently fighting outside of the UFC, but he's going to have to be careful with Manhoef, the dude hits like a freight train. If you haven't seen his fight (hell, even if you have, go watch it again) with Evangelista Santos from Cage Rage, go watch it now. It's amazing. He's had so many epic fights, the fight with Santos, the insane fight with Robbie Lawler, he managed to KO Mark Hunt, and has blitzed Sakuraba and Misaki in Japan. He might not have the best win/loss record, but boy can he fight. He's one of those scary dudes that you just wouldn't want to stand across the cage from. There's no way I'd even consider taking one of those leg kicks. I'm so excited, maybe even more so than for Hunt vs JDS. I just hope Khalidov stands by his word and stands with Melvin.
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Had a good long archive binge on Jack Slack's Sportswriter Profile | Bleacher Report a while back. Fascinating stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Holy ****! Josh Burkman choked Jon Fitch unconscious last night. Rocked him with punches, sunk in a guillotine, and choked him out cold inside 2 minutes. Burkman's a legit bad mother****er. His last 3 fights have been a dominant decision over Gerald Harris, a TKO over Aaron Simpson, and a brutal submission of Jon Fitch. The man is on a fantastic run. The UFC will be coming calling for Mr Burkman, and he'll make a much deserved return, can't really argue with an 8-1 record since leaving the UFC!

Also, the UFC provided us with one of the most meh announcements in the history of MMA, by announcing the next series of TUF. Canada vs Australia features Patrick Cote and Kyle Noke as coaches, and will probably go down as the least watched, least interesting series in the history of the programme, and could be the final nail in it's coffin.

In other ****ty news, Pettis is injured, and out of the Aldo fight. Excited to see KZ go to war with Aldo, but was really excited for Aldo-Pettis. Hopefully now that this fight is off, Pettis can go back to LW and get his re-match with Benson, if Bendo gets past TJ Grant.
    Last edited by King Pietersen; 15-06-2013 at 06:21 AM.

Holy ****!

Mazaghati such a dumbass though.

Yeah, at least Pettis can go back up where he belongs. Was a dumb, impatient move to begin with.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Surprisingly quiet in here

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Surprisingly quiet in here
    I'm just a little dazed. I remember Silva punking Chris Leben 7 years ago...SEVEN years of utter domination. Must say I was a bit uncomfortable with his fooling around but he's always been that way..or has at least progressively gotten that way over the years. He had Weidman confused, had him off his game; Weidman wasn't even trying to take him down. Silva pushed his luck once too often and got caught.

Weidman wasn't off his game at all. Weidman dominated. Anderson may have been trying to put him off, but what did he actually land? One decent leg kick, but everything else, especially in the second, missed Weidman. He showed tremendous head movement, wasn't intimidated by Anderson, and eventually caught him out. It showcased how good a gameplan Weidman had. When Anderson is doing his matrix moves, he typically ducks RLRL, and after throwing 2 right hands, Weidman knew Anderson would sway left, and caught him with that brutal left hand right on the jaw. It was superb work from Weidman. Dominated the first round with his wrestling, and was out striking Anderson in the second. I was a bit shell-shocked watching it yesterday morning, but on second watch, it just showcased just how good Chris Weidman was. Great performance.

UFC 172 showed once again just how good Jon Jones is. Between fights I almost forget how good Jones is, but that fight with Glover was so, so impressive. The eye pokes took away from the performance slightly, but man, Jones looks almost undefeatable at this point. The way he was controlling Glover against the cage, with the wrist and shoulder control was beautiful, and his striking was seriously good, as it always is. Jon Jones is on the brink of GOAT status, only Anderson and GSP could potentially be ahead of him at this point, but with wins over Shogun, Machida, Belfort, Rampage, Gustafsson, Rashad, Sonnen, Glover and Bader, he's putting together a ridiculously good run of wins.

The whole event was awesome. Fili vs Holloway was a fantastic back-and-forth fight, Miller looked impressive once again, the scramble in the Rockhold-Boetsch was beautiful and Anthony Johnson looked absolutely tremendous. Rogan hugged his nuts a bit, but how much better does he look at 205? To neutralise the wrestling of a guy like Davis was impressive to say the least, and he blasted him on the feet. Johnson could be a real threat to Jon Jones. It's hard to handle that sort of power and athleticism.

Rogan is always hugging on to someones nuts.

Outstanding!

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread Information