• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The MMA/UFC Thread

cnerd123

likes this
Damn that Weidmen vs Rockhold match. Was dead even, if anything Weirdmen had the lead, but the he goes for the wheel kick, gets taken down, and honestly I thought the ref was going to call it before the end of round 3 because that ground and pound was so brutal.

McGregor vs Aldo....man, Aldo look scared. I saw fear in his eyes. He charged in right away, slipped, I barely even saw the KO punch. Jesus. Was expecting a war between those two...Aldo lost the fight before it even began. He let McGregor get to him. 10 years gone with 1 punch. Amazing.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dunno if I'd call it domination, it really looked like Weidman was going to grind out the win until he threw that spinning back kick. Definitely should have been stopped in the 3rd for mine.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Recorded the show. Avoided Facebook/Twitter etc all day. Sat down and skipped to the McGregor fight.

Should have accepted my mates offer of a YouTube link when I was still in bed

Awesome though

ezravine

Cricket Spectator
I bet for Aldo, and expected for a tough fight.
Conor deserves the belt as well as the title, but I am hoping for a rematch.
I just hope they'll make it a little more thrilling next time hahaha

Lawler and Condit though... coming soon!

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aldo actually connects decently with the left on his way down. Would've been brilliant had it at least staggered Conor

King Pietersen

International Captain
Connected decently, but on the top of the head as Conor was moving away. Would never have staggered him.

Just been listening to Rogan's podcast with Brendan Schaub and Bryan Callen discussing UFC 194 and throughout the podcast Schaub continually brought up the record of Nova Uniao fighters since the intense drug testing came in. I had a look into it and since July 1st and:

Team Record from July 1st 2015 – Present (UFC fights only): 4-12

Team Record from July 1st 2015- Present (UFC fights only outside of Brazil): 2-9

Pretty insane that a camp that was so dominant not that long ago has been on such a skid since the drug testing came in. The Jose Aldo drug testing story is pretty crazy. I know he's never tested positive, but he called the cops on the drug testing guys when they turned up, started giving a sample and then tripped and spilled it. Pretty weird story. Rogan was also caught on audio talking about how Jose's body looked a lot different compared to normal.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Rogan was pissed. Apparently it was beeped out on FOX.

Diaz can ask all he wants for that fight, but it won't happen yet. Everyone's wanting that red panty night. Conor has 2 massive fights on the table, bigger fights than Nate Diaz. I can see the Edgar fight happening next, now that Cerrone lost, so Conor vs Edgar in NY and then Conor vs RDA/Ferguson at UFC 200 for the 155 belt.

King Pietersen

International Captain
****ing hell. RDA has pulled out of the fight with Conor due to a foot injury. Real champs show up and fight. Wonder if it'll be moved to UFC 200.

King Pietersen

International Captain
HUGE win for Michael Bisping last weekend. So happy for him, has worked for years to win a big fight like this. Was incredibly close, and if Anderson had been a bit more aggressive he could have finished, but I gave Bisping 3 rounds. Superb win.

Absolutely pumped for McGregor-Diaz too. Feel like we're going to see a spectacular performance from Conor. He's going to be bigger, stronger, and better prepared than ever. I can't wait. Should be an epic fight.

cnerd123

likes this
Man I'm so hyped for Diaz and McGregor, but Diaz on such short notice is likely to get crushed. McGregor is just so much smarter and so much better prepared. Would be sad to watch.

Holm vs Meisha is really exciting too. Meisha's probably done her homework better than Ronda did, and is a much better striker. Holm will probably still outclass her tho.