Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: The MMA/UFC Thread

Who's up?

Well that was quick.
    1:04 to be precise.

And the next 1:34

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Who's up?
    Velasques isn't lol another one of the UFC's hype trains have been derailed.

it's been another poor show and tbh I can't remember too many recently that come to mind where I thought it was epic, maybe 134 in Brazil was pretty good.
    Last edited by Jacknife; 12-11-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Loved the Henderson Guida fight glad Hendo won also

Suprised the UFC chose a heavyweight fight for it's Fox debut they either finish early or you get really boring 3rd round onwards as the fighters usually gas

If UFC wanted to gurantee a good fight for a new audiance then Edgar Maynard would have been the fight to chose IMO

Anyway hope the Reem destroys Brock and we get Reem vs JDS

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife View Post
    Velasques isn't lol another one of the UFC's hype trains have been derailed.

it's been another poor show and tbh I can't remember too many recently that come to mind where I thought it was epic, maybe 134 in Brazil was pretty good.
    134 was average, but Edgar-Maynard III was one of the best cards yet.

Funny to see the ridiculous amount of hype end in a one-minute knockout. The best bit was Junior's reaction. He ran around the ring waving his arms in the air as if It's Raining Men had just come on the PA, then burst into tears and caused a three-minute delay while the commentators waited for him to finish crying so they could interview him. Then he spent the entire interview talking about how terrified he was of Cain.

We need more heavyweight champions like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Shogun's come in looking a bit flabby and that first round he's not moving his head and body like he does, too stationary.

**** me how did Shogun take those punches, man these 2 are hard bastards. He's a bloody mess with lumps all over his head.

Jesus Rocky has nothing on this fight unreal, Shogun came back and Hendo gasses, you what. Best fight I've seen in years.

Man oh man, Shogun had him mounted for a round and a half then , Hendo dominated the first half of the fight and Shogun the second. There's some 10-8 rounds in there, god knows how they'll score it but maybe Hendo 3 round to 2.

Man gutted for shogun no one deserved to lose that fight and I still can't get my head round how Shogun got through those early rounds. That's made up for some of the ****e cards I've watched this past year or so and one of my favorite fights ever, along side Fedor v Cro Cop.
    Last edited by Jacknife; 19-11-2011 at 09:46 PM.

I've missed something, why is this a 5 round fight? I thought only title fights went 5 rounds..? :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnners View Post
    I've missed something, why is this a 5 round fight? I thought only title fights went 5 rounds..? :S
    Since last event Dana White has given head line fights 5 round status, first one was last time with Leben in.

Best card in years. Pride and Strikeforce in the main events putting on a show
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

For those who haven't seen it another cracking fight on Saturday for the Bellator Light Weight Title

Full Fight: Eddie Alvarez vs. Michael Chandler - YouTube

Just wondered what peoples thoughts are on Dan Henderson having Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Is it cheating? Afterall Nate Marquadt was fired from the UFC for the same thing.

I love Hendo think he is an absolute warrior but for me it does leave a question mark over the last few years of his career.

Do those more learned than I give Machida a chance tomorrow?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Not really but they both have very distinctive styles so it should be an interesting fight regardless. Would much rather see this than Jones-Evans.

TIE Fighter Shooter Champion!
    Yeah I'm also way more excited for this than I would have been for Jones-Evans.

Jones is ridiculously broken, his physical advantages alone are just stupid. He's also very talented, and very unorthodox. That being said, I give Machida a better chance at beating him than anyone else in the LHW division at the moment. If, and it's a fairly massive if, he can figure out how to get inside Jones reach before getting caught with something or taken down, I think he'll have a decent chance at it. I know you hear this kind of thing all the time but in this case it's true, Jones has never fought anyone like Machida before. There isn't exactly anyone else like him out there. If he can manage to figure out Jones reach and find a way to utilise his superior speed to get in, attack and get out before getting caught again I think we could see an upset. Machida's brilliant at counter striking, as I mentioned has incredible speed and a style unlike anyone else in the UFC. Of course, Shogun pretty much laid out a blueprint on how to smash Machida whereas no one has quite worked out Jones yet, but you'd think it would still take some time to acclimatise once they're in the cage no matter how much you study the tapes.

But yeah. For me it pretty much comes down to if Machida is able to figure out how to get into his range and get out without getting caught/taken down, and getting the fight to go at his pace and not let Jones find his rhythm. Then it could get interesting. Especially if he manages to land a solid counter on Jones as of yet untested chin. Far, far easier said than done though and I'd have to say Jones is still the overwhelming favourite. If Lyoto can't do it I'm not sure anyone at LHW can, Jones would have to go up to HW before he matches up against people that could take him out probably.

Not going to stop me believing though. Machida all the way, I believe in Karate!
    Last edited by Majin; 10-12-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Just ouch, that looks a nasty break for Nog.

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread Information