• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The MMA/UFC Thread

Jager

International Debutant
Machida is that type of fighter though - a counter attacker. From a technical viewpoint he's really interesting to watch. Can't say I like the feeling of being on the back foot myself, but he seems to use it well. Shame we don't see him utilise his groundwork much, I would love to see that.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Boetsch had a rough time of it then. Broken hand, busted open by an accidental headbut and then took a finger to the eye. Was a matter of time.

Jarquis

Can't see Bisping winning this. Was tempted to load up on Belfort but my betting streak has been diiiiire lately.

Jarquis

Knew it 1.85 was silly money. Gah.

Gets clocked with a high kick in R1 and then circles to Belfort's left and walks on to another.

Last edited:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Anyone watching the new season of TUF?

2 episodes in and already 10 times better than the whole of the last season.

Loving the whole Jones vs Sonnen angle. And by the looks of things, it will only get better.

Johnners

Big night for the UFC. Bit of a mixed card so far, Fabers & Robertsons submissions the standouts though.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Silva and Hunt knocking everyone the **** out in Japan.

Is this 2003?

StefanStruve
Thanks for the support everybody, I wanted Herb to take the tooth out of my cheek and continue but then it turned out my jaw was broken..

:laugh:

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I'll be in England for 2 weeks in the summer and Ken Shamrock is fighting in Doncaster on the same day I'll be in the town. I don't for a second think the fight will actually go ahead but I'm strangely excited at the prospect of watching

King Pietersen

International Captain
Forget Evans vs Henderson, that's gonna be a snooze-fest. There's one fight everyone needs to watch in the next few weeks, and it's happening in Poland. Mamed Khalidov vs Melvin Manhoef. It has the potential to be an absolute slug-fest. Manhoef is an absolute destroyer, and Khalidov has said he's going to stand with him and make it a fight. Khalidov is probably the best prospect currently fighting outside of the UFC, but he's going to have to be careful with Manhoef, the dude hits like a freight train. If you haven't seen his fight (hell, even if you have, go watch it again) with Evangelista Santos from Cage Rage, go watch it now. It's amazing. He's had so many epic fights, the fight with Santos, the insane fight with Robbie Lawler, he managed to KO Mark Hunt, and has blitzed Sakuraba and Misaki in Japan. He might not have the best win/loss record, but boy can he fight. He's one of those scary dudes that you just wouldn't want to stand across the cage from. There's no way I'd even consider taking one of those leg kicks. I'm so excited, maybe even more so than for Hunt vs JDS. I just hope Khalidov stands by his word and stands with Melvin.

King Pietersen

International Captain

Holy ****! Josh Burkman choked Jon Fitch unconscious last night. Rocked him with punches, sunk in a guillotine, and choked him out cold inside 2 minutes. Burkman's a legit bad mother****er. His last 3 fights have been a dominant decision over Gerald Harris, a TKO over Aaron Simpson, and a brutal submission of Jon Fitch. The man is on a fantastic run. The UFC will be coming calling for Mr Burkman, and he'll make a much deserved return, can't really argue with an 8-1 record since leaving the UFC!

Also, the UFC provided us with one of the most meh announcements in the history of MMA, by announcing the next series of TUF. Canada vs Australia features Patrick Cote and Kyle Noke as coaches, and will probably go down as the least watched, least interesting series in the history of the programme, and could be the final nail in it's coffin.

In other ****ty news, Pettis is injured, and out of the Aldo fight. Excited to see KZ go to war with Aldo, but was really excited for Aldo-Pettis. Hopefully now that this fight is off, Pettis can go back to LW and get his re-match with Benson, if Bendo gets past TJ Grant.

Last edited:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Holy ****!

Mazaghati such a dumbass though.

Yeah, at least Pettis can go back up where he belongs. Was a dumb, impatient move to begin with.