• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The MMA/UFC Thread

chalky

International Debutant
Jones dominates Rampage to keep the belt.

Looks unbeatable at the moment his reach, speed and strengh is awesome.

Only really Rashad & Machida to go before he has cleared out the division.

Talk of the winner of Shogun Hendo getting a title a shot I love Hendo but him against Jones would be a massacare and see Shogun offering anything different from the 1st fight.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think if you step away from the hype (and I'll admit there is a lot of it, even Rogan's commentary was bordering on gushing) you see a kid that had Rampage completely dumbfounded by the range of attacking options he possesses. Rampage isn't a guy anyone would describe as lacking confidence in his striking, so in my opinion it was a huge performance and a big scalp to claim.

Rooting for Rashad to beat him though (no idea why) but if he goes through him and Lyoto then he needs to face Anderson. That should do sick numbers if it ever comes to.

Jacknife

International Captain
I'd be more looking forward to a Rampage v Shogun part 2, that would be a epic clash, in Japan as well.
I really enjoyed the Mark Hunt fight, always been a fan of his and it was great to see him win. He also looked to have improved his grappling and takedown defense which were always a problem for him.

duffer

Looking forward to 136 as well. That card is heavy duty stacked, main and undercard. There's a fight night inbetween to get through though.

Majin

International Debutant
Most interesting fight for Jones for me is Machida, the speed he has, awkward fighting style and his classy defence and countering ability would pose the most interesting challenge I think.

Rampage vs. Shogun/Forrest in Japan would work equally well for me.

Also yeah 136 should be a great event, really looking forward to Edgar/Maynard, and please let Jose Aldo be in the best form he's ever been in, watching Kenny Florian get ripped to shreds would be so glorious.

duffer

That said, despite the dominance of Jones, Rampage did show that Jones unorthodox style isnt as unpredictable as people make out. Rampage managed to duck under all but one of the spinning elbows up against the cage, ducked the spinning back kick that would have put his head into the crowd, didnt get touched too much in the standup, apart from the kicks, and walked away reasonably unscathed.

Rampage is a one trick pony now-a-days waiting for a large overhand right. He couldnt deliver that because he couldnt get inside Jones reach. But he did seem to work out what Jones does before he does each move. Whether that is because Jones is telegraphing or whatever. If you can get someone with a few more tools in their belt (ie someone faster with some kicks and some ground game), and get them to know what Rampage appeared to, there could be a big chink in Jones armor. Of course they then still have to overcome his athleticism and reach which is going to be no easy task.

duffer

I seriously love Frankie Edgar. Guy has the heart of a lion. Maynard got his soul taken from him, couldn't finish and couldn't survive the barrage of a much smaller guy. Properly bullied.

Fantastic card though, from top to bottom. Really happy with it.

Majin

International Debutant
Frankie is officially the biggest badass in the history of the universe I don't care, how the **** can someone survive such beatdowns and then just come back like it's nothing. The finish was incredible, he smashed Maynard so bad, god damn. I've just got done watching it so I'm totally hyped right now.

Phan/Garcia was awesmoe as well, i love Nam Phan. His body shots are a thing of beauty.

But yeah awesome, awesome card, I loved it.

duffer

Sonnen is ripping off so many WWE promos and the fans are lapping it up. He's got to stop with The Rock **** and go back to just being a loudmouthed redneck. That said he looked excellent last night, had Stann in deeper water than he's ever been in.

Looking forward to the fight although would love them giving him Vitor and seeing him getting his teeth knocked out by a flurry of lefts.

Jacknife

International Captain
Who's up?
Velasques isn't lol another one of the UFC's hype trains have been derailed.

it's been another poor show and tbh I can't remember too many recently that come to mind where I thought it was epic, maybe 134 in Brazil was pretty good.

Last edited:

chalky

International Debutant
Loved the Henderson Guida fight glad Hendo won also

Suprised the UFC chose a heavyweight fight for it's Fox debut they either finish early or you get really boring 3rd round onwards as the fighters usually gas

If UFC wanted to gurantee a good fight for a new audiance then Edgar Maynard would have been the fight to chose IMO

Anyway hope the Reem destroys Brock and we get Reem vs JDS

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Velasques isn't lol another one of the UFC's hype trains have been derailed.

it's been another poor show and tbh I can't remember too many recently that come to mind where I thought it was epic, maybe 134 in Brazil was pretty good.
134 was average, but Edgar-Maynard III was one of the best cards yet.

Funny to see the ridiculous amount of hype end in a one-minute knockout. The best bit was Junior's reaction. He ran around the ring waving his arms in the air as if It's Raining Men had just come on the PA, then burst into tears and caused a three-minute delay while the commentators waited for him to finish crying so they could interview him. Then he spent the entire interview talking about how terrified he was of Cain.

We need more heavyweight champions like that.

Jacknife

International Captain
Shogun's come in looking a bit flabby and that first round he's not moving his head and body like he does, too stationary.

**** me how did Shogun take those punches, man these 2 are hard bastards. He's a bloody mess with lumps all over his head.

Jesus Rocky has nothing on this fight unreal, Shogun came back and Hendo gasses, you what. Best fight I've seen in years.

Man oh man, Shogun had him mounted for a round and a half then , Hendo dominated the first half of the fight and Shogun the second. There's some 10-8 rounds in there, god knows how they'll score it but maybe Hendo 3 round to 2.

Man gutted for shogun no one deserved to lose that fight and I still can't get my head round how Shogun got through those early rounds. That's made up for some of the ****e cards I've watched this past year or so and one of my favorite fights ever, along side Fedor v Cro Cop.

Last edited:

Johnners

I've missed something, why is this a 5 round fight? I thought only title fights went 5 rounds..? :S