• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The MMA/UFC Thread

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Need some finishes to fights though. At least we know the ME won't be a decision.

Majin

International Debutant
Yeah lacking finishes so far. That said, dunno if you caught it but McGee/Jensen in the prelims was an absolute war with a finish in the third round. Really enjoyed that fight, might even pip Diego/Thiago for FotN.

Was a hilarious moment halfway through round 2 when the crowd started booing the **** out of the arena, LOUDLY, and I was absolutely blagged wondering why the **** they were booing such a sick fight, and then about 10-15 seconds into the booing Joe Rogan pissed himself laughing and said something like "Ladies and gentlemen if you are wondering why the crowd is booing it's because Josh Koscheck just walked into the building." Was funny ****.

duffer

Never seen Kampmann's clinch look this good. But damn, he needs to break free and throw more punches if he can get to the third. This weight cut can't be easy for Shields.

Majin

International Debutant
Jesus christ, please Dana and Joe Silva show us mercy and do not make Fitch vs Shields. That would be the absolute height of direness.

edit: Sugar Ray Leonard! Awesome. also, so stoked Brock kept his beard for this fight, it is a beauty.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Been pretty underwhelmed thus far but tbf Majin informed me the last card I watched was one of the best ever

Majin

International Debutant
Yeah 116 was a complete beast of an event, probably going to be the best of the year, and definitely one of the best ever. Pretty surprised you didn't watch last weeks event though, was in London. Then again it was a wholly depressing evening for me anyway.

Looking forward to this fight, going to be an epic.

Majin

International Debutant
Yeah Brock will definitely be back, but my god. That whole fight was nuts. Brocks crazy knees, his pimpslap, Cain completely ****ing him up, jesus christ. What a fight. Absolutely killed him, that was AWESOME. I knew it was going to be a crazy fight but that far surpassed anything I imagined.

duffer

Brock couldn't even find a way to pull some sort of guard or defend on the ground apart from putting his hand up. Has to be arrogance on his part that he's never tried to learn any jitz.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah 116 was a complete beast of an event, probably going to be the best of the year, and definitely one of the best ever. Pretty surprised you didn't watch last weeks event though, was in London. Then again it was a wholly depressing evening for me anyway.

Looking forward to this fight, going to be an epic.
I don't have ESPN so its a case of going somewhere that does

FMD re the main event

Majin

International Debutant
I don't have it either, watch all my events through alternative sources shall we say :unsure:

still can't get over what I have just witnessed, need to watch that over and over again.

masterblaster

International Captain
Just saw the main event only. It was a pretty amazing fight. Cain completely destroyed Brock. I had a feeling that Brock would run out of steam but never would've predicted that he would be completely destroyed like has been tonight.

That's the great thing about UFC I guess in that it's the unpredictability that makes things exciting. I still think it's stupid of UFC fans to be dissing Brock. Like it or not, he is the biggest draw UFC has and he draws casual fans. I think the buy rate of this PPV will support that.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Lesnar is the biggest draw in addition to the biggest body and name. The UFC kinda needs Brock as its HW division is pretty thin. Brock isnt much of a mixed martial artist - he has achieved little in the sport and had very basic striking and defense - but he is capable through his sheer size and agility of beating anyone on the planet (as well as losing.)

Its not a shock that he lost as he was, and still is, unproven but he will continue to be a threat to anyone for a while.

Ill be interested how many buys a Cain - JDS gets. Cant see it being that many.

Last edited: