Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The MMA/UFC Thread

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Loved the Thiago Silva showboating once he'd already been dominated for 2 rounds. Was pretty cool to watch though, loved the way I was just sticking his neck out and Rashad was just standing there. Really should have pulled the trigger and finished him, or even better, done that earlier in the fight before he was gassed. Good performance from Rashad in the first 2 rounds though tbf, implemented his gameplan nicely and used his wrestling well. Still hoping he gets KTFO by Rampage though.

Liked the whole card actually. Stout vs Lauzon was a war, and a great performance from Sam Stout. JDS looked good against Yvel as well. Was nice to see Semtex pick up the win against McLovin also. I do like Hazelett alot, but although Daley's a cocky SOB I still like the guy and am glad he's starting to run riot in the UFC. Think Rogan over-rated his striking ability massively though, don't think there's any chance he's the best technical striker in MMA.

Just really looking forward to UFC 111 now. The events leading upto that will be good, but 111 is looking stacked. GSP-Hardy, Mir-Carwin and Alves-Fitch has been talked about as well. Can't wait for that one. 110 looks really good as well with Velasquez-Nog and Bisping-Wandy. Just gotta get past the dull looking 109 headlined by Couture-Coleman which is set to be a yawnfest. Am looking forward to Maynard-Diaz at the next UFN though.

What pissed me off wrt Daley was him motioning to Dustin that "I shot the mofo" while he was lying on the ground toes curled up and eyes glazed over. Complete douche move but he got what he wanted, he's now gone up a level in people's consciousness.

Rumble v Semtex next please. Would be so so sick.

Why's Rua getting a rematch against Machida before anyone else gets a crack at him? (Only started following UFC past 2 months) Was the decision to Machida really that controversial at 104?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

D/l the match man. Complete farce of a decision and I'm a huge Lyoto fan but he didn't win that fight using American, Jap or whatever the **** scoring systems.

Got a link? (or msn if needed?)

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    What pissed me off wrt Daley was him motioning to Dustin that "I shot the mofo" while he was lying on the ground toes curled up and eyes glazed over. Complete douche move but he got what he wanted, he's now gone up a level in people's consciousness.

Rumble v Semtex next please. Would be so so sick.
    Not sure myself, don't know what it'd do for Daley's career beating a guy who's coming off a loss to Koscheck. I'd much rather see Semtex vs Alves. That'd be a great match, a real stand-up war. Looking likely that it's going to be Semtex-Kos next though, which should be a real test of Daley's TDD. I'm just hoping that Kos tries to stand with him like he did against Paulo Thiago, because he would get KTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio Rua UFC 104 HD Video - Fights MMA Video Details

There ya go. Awesome site for watching old matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    au underscore saik at hotmail dot com.

Quote Originally Posted by King Pietersen View Post
    Not sure myself, don't know what it'd do for Daley's career beating a guy who's coming off a loss to Koscheck. I'd much rather see Semtex vs Alves. That'd be a great match, a real stand-up war. Looking likely that it's going to be Semtex-Kos next though, which should be a real test of Daley's TDD. I'm just hoping that Kos tries to stand with him like he did against Paulo Thiago, because he would get KTFO.
    I just want to see the two of them go at it with no holds barred brainless sluggery. We'll see how much of a badman Daley is against a guy much bigger and who hits harder than him. Koscheck-Daley would be good too. Can't stand either of them (although Josh's heel promo's have been winning me over recently) so I can't lose.

Johnson may hit slightly harder, but Daley's far more technical on his feet and I think would knock Rumble out. Daley vs Thiago Alves would be a far better war. Would love to see that fight, much more interesting than Alves vs Fitch AFAIC.

I like Semtex, don't like Koscheck, so I'm hoping for a Semtex KO if that fight happens.

Rumour going round that BJ's next defence will come against Frankie Edgar as well. Not a huge fan of that fight, just see BJ dominating him like he did Jens Pulver. Should Maynard get past Diaz convincingly I'd much rather see him take on BJ. Neither are going to challenge BJ, but Maynard would give him a better fight I think.
    Last edited by King Pietersen; 08-01-2010 at 05:47 AM.

Really looking forward to the fights tonight. Not the best card on paper, but I love any night of fights tbh, proves how much I'm loving MMA atm if I can get pumped for this card! Backing Maynard, Escudero, Simpson, Sadollah, Leben, Story, Tavares, MacDonald, Dos Anjos, Salter and Forbes tonight. Looking forward to all the Main Card fights, but I'll be especially interested to see how Leben, Tavares and Dos Anjos go in the Prelims, and I'm intrigued to see how much Forbes has improved and worked on his game since TUF 3.

Completely missed my intention regarding the Rumble-Daley fight. I just want to see one of them ktfo of the other. Couldn't be fussed about which matchup would be better or anything like that. it would sell and be crazy to watch.

Anyways, watched the Varner-Henderson card just then and was blown away by the two ME's. Faber is such a sick fighter to watch and he was in a proper war with Assuncao, sick finish to a banging fight, glad Urijah is back and the fight between him and Aldo is spine tingling stuff.

Varner won the first two rounds comfortably but what makes fight sports special is the ability to win or lose it all on one moment of brilliance and Henderson's transition to that sick sick choke is going to ebe in the conversation for sub of the year when all's said and done. Don't see many better than that. Was magnificent, although his GodZombie speech at the end of it was cringeworthy to say the least. "Can I get an amen?" Hahahahahahahaha, wow. Thankfully the crowd reacted with almost complete silence at that.

Just saw Machida vs Rua, just, wow.

Heading to UFC 110 Duffer?

Yep, driving up that weekend.

Seeing Big Nog and Wanderlei in the flesh and in such big fights is the stuff of dreams. Velasquez-Noguiera, Bisping-Silva, Sotiropolous-Stevenson, Mirko-Rothwell, Bader-Jardine, with guys liek Bonner, Lytle and Soszynski on the undercard is incredible for any PPV let alone one in Australia.

Also have the return of a guy caled Goran Reljic who is a top talent who destroyed a good fighter in Wilson Gouivea but has been out a long time through injuries is a big thing too. Going to lap up every minute of it. Counting down the days tbh.

EDIT: Although UFC 111 with Carwin-Mir and GSP-Hardy as well as Alves Fitch and UFC 112 with Anderson Silva-Vitor Belfort and Penn-Edgar is looking ridiculous as well. Two cards with two title fights each is crazy. All the recent injuries is going to make for some incredible cards after 109.

Not forgetting 113 with the Shogun-Lyoto rematch and Rampage-Rashad grudge match on it. Wow.
    Last edited by duffer; 15-01-2010 at 08:33 AM.

There are some awesome cards coming up, just looking forward to getting this next one out of the way, and then we can move onto the genuinely frickin sweet cards. I'm not feeling as negative about the 109 card as some, as I think Couture will come out and try and stand with Coleman, as I reckon their wrestling will cancel eachother out. Backing Randy to pull out a 2nd Round TKO. Looking forward to all the main card fights, especially Marquardt vs Sonnen.

Another card that's really looking like being worth watching is the Ultimate Fight Night 21 card (or UFC on Versus: Vera vs Jones) as it's being called. Some seriously good fights being talked about for that card, looking like the best UFN ever. If all the fights rumoured are on the card, then it'll look like:

Brandon Vera vs Jon Jones
    Junior Dos Santos vs Gabriel Gonzaga
    Anthony Johnson vs John Howard
    Clay Guida vs Sean Sherk
    Roy Nelson vs Stefan Struve

Eliot Marshall vs Vladamir Matyushenko
    Brendan Schaub vs Chase Gormley
    James Irvin vs Alessio Sakara
    Spencer Fisher vs Duane Ludwig

Man that's a sweet card. Brandon Vera, Jon Jones, JDS, Gonzaga, Rumble, Guida, Sherk, Nelson, Struve, Matyshenko, Schaub, Irvin, Fisher and Ludwig all on 1 UFN card, awesome. Cannot wait for that Main Event, potential Fight of the Year candidate I reckon. Hopefully none of the upcoming cards will be as badly effected by injuries as 107, 108 and 109. We're set for some sick fights if everything goes to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by King Pietersen View Post
    Roy Nelson vs Stefan Struve
    What a horrible matchup for Struve
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Why do you see it being such a bad match-up for him? I'm not sure it's that bad a match-up for him really. He should be able to outstrike Nelson on the feet if he uses his reach, and doesn't do anything stupid (like the attempted flying knee against Buentello), and he's no mug on the ground. I could see Nelson finishing it in his favourite Crucifix position if he does get Struve to the ground, but you never know, he has finished quite alot of fights by submission. Struve could pull this one out if he implements a good gameplan, but I am backing Big Country.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information