• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour de France 2009

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
62 Pickup (35)
242 Walsh (30)
369 Mork (25)
423 Gray (21)
441 Thomas (19)
475 Mitchell (15)
484 Reddlapalli (14)
Update (I took second place on stage seven with Contador & Evans)

74 Pickup 148
118 Mørk 143
368 Walsh 113
424 Gray 98
424 Thomas 98
512 Reddlapalli 64
528 Mitchell 50

Clearly still a two-horse race.

Craig

World Traveller
I knew I should have put Pierrick Fedrigo in there.I had to laugh when I was watching th stage last night as I have covered about 30% of the route that they rode last night. I know how hard it is to climb the Tourmalet and how fast you can go down the other side and the roads they rode on following it.

Craig

World Traveller
Tonights stage will be interesting. There will be no race radios allowed so the riders will have to think for themselves. Should make it quite exciting.

Josh

International Regular
Am I the only person in the world that doesn't want Armstrong to get remotely close to winning this thing??

Craig

World Traveller
Am I the only person in the world that doesn't want Armstrong to get remotely close to winning this thing??
Actually your not the only one. Go visit here and you will find a lot people who don't want Armstrong to win, or just don't like the guy.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I don't want him to win either. Not a big fan of people retiring only to return a few years later. Edit: unless their retirement is caused by an injury or something that they manage to fix down the track.

biased indian

International Coach
one doubt ..are all the major climbs over or its till to come was not able to watch the race during Thu to Sun...and i dont have very good knowledge about the race as well :)

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I don't want him to win either. Not a big fan of people retiring only to return a few years later. Edit: unless their retirement is caused by an injury or something that they manage to fix down the track.
AWTA. I don't agree with people using high-level professional sport as a vehicle purely for promoting charity (as Armstrong has suggested). That said, as has been suggested on Eurosport, there has been little evidence of his charity work during the tour.

Added to that the fact that he clearly doesn't seem to recognise the fact that Contador is the superior rider. Hoping Contador just waits for the Ventoux and absolutely nails him there.

Craig

World Traveller
Tonight's stage:

Not a finish for the Manx Missile IMO. Sean Kelly is predicts a breakaway will stay away. If not it is has Oscar Freire or Thor Hushovd written all over it.