• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AFL Team 1997-Now: Key Forwards

Pick 2 Key Position Forwards

• Total voters

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Vic, do you think from 1997-2007 Riewoldt has done more than Richo?

Not saying he hasn't, but just curious in your answer.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Carey, wanted to pick plugger but over the time range of the comp went for Tredrea. 01-02-03-04-05 kicked over 50 goals and took 200 marks a season. All-Australian CHF in 4 consecutive years putting him just ahead of plugger for me.
I thought about Tredrea (despite him being a dick, I rated him the overall best of the CHFers from 2001-2005), but over the last 3.5 years its fair to say that Riewoldt, Brown and Pavlich have overtaken him, obviously partly due to injury.

I guess it just depends on much you weigh that against him.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Vic, do you think from 1997-2007 Riewoldt has done more than Richo?

Not saying he hasn't, but just curious in your answer.
Richo could well have done more than Nick. But if I were building a side, I'd definitely want Riewoldt in front of Richardson. That's mainly to do with the fact that, outside of Nathan Brown who isn't your traditional front and square small forward, Richmond hasn't had a successful small forward throughout his career, because they don't know where to go to get to the contest. That's mainly attributable to the fact that Richo doesn't know where he is going to go!

Riewoldt plays a predictable style of football to his teammates, that redirects traffic through him and he's in the right spots.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, interesting point. Amazing how good both players would be if they could kick straight!

Whilst we're at it, how about we get people to rate the following power forwards based on how good they have been in their careers, and then how good they are now.

J Brown
B Hall
M Pavlich
M Richardson
N Riewoldt
W Tredrea
S Lucas

I deliberately left Fevola and Lloyd out as they are more traditional full forwards, and Franklin because he hasn't played anywhere near as long as the above players.

Redbacks

International Captain
Whilst we're at it, how about we get people to rate the following power forwards based on how good they have been in their careers, and then how good they are now.

W Tredrea
J Brown
M Pavlich
N Riewoldt
B Hall
M Richardson
S Lucas
Careers - grouped in lots of relative strength, Richo has shown to be a gun on the ball as with Pav.

W Tredrea

J Brown
M Pavlich
N Riewoldt

B Hall
M Richardson
S Lucas

Right Now

N Riewoldt
M Pavlich - such a gun in a weak team for way too long

J Brown
M Richardson - as with Pav but his kicking at times has been woeful