• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division Three Comp

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Code:
                P W D L     pt

1. Exeter       3 3 0 0 8 2 9 
2. Hartlepool   4 2 1 1 5 3 7
3. Brentford 	3 0 2 1 1 4 2
4. Oldham       2 0 1 1 1 4 1  
5. Tranmere     2 0 0 2 1 3 0

With about ten minutes to go Exeter were trouncing Brentford so grecian's boys go top by my calculations
Indeed we do:)

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You haven't updated your points tally on that table there.

Bottom, and we were close to going bottom of the real table today but Wycombe managed to throw away a two goal lead

grecian

You haven't updated your points tally on that table there.

Bottom, and we were close to going bottom of the real table today but Wycombe managed to throw away a two goal lead
Thanks edited, blimey not like we'll be getting that many three points this year.:)

Yeah, Wycombe look ****ed, in fact the entire promoted teams aren't exactly setting this league alight, if we'd got one more goal today, we'd of been the best performing so far:blink:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, it's quite a strong division up top compared to recent years so it makes sense that the promoted sides are struggling. Along with the side that finished 7th last season :dry:

Pothas

Thanks edited, blimey not like we'll be getting that many three points this year.:)

Yeah, Wycombe look ****ed, in fact the entire promoted teams aren't exactly setting this league alight, if we'd got one more goal today, we'd of been the best performing so far:blink:
Horrible result for us, were you there? If so how bad did we look?

Should avoid relegation I think but it is just going to be one of those seasons.

grecian

Horrible result for us, were you there? If so how bad did we look?

Should avoid relegation I think but it is just going to be one of those seasons.
Was a slightly odd match, we didn't really play that well in the first-half, you had the better possession, yet we went in 2-0 up. We where the better team in the second-half with a bit of confidence from actually getting the lead.

You just looked a bit toothless up front really, Marriott hardly had a save to make.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Whites-Brentford on Sat, Pothas your boys are gonna get...a fairly mediocre game I'd have thought :(

Pothas

Yeah an important mediocre game though, we seemed to have stabalised the last couple of games largely as a result of loan signings. Really pleased the Scott has recognised that the current squad is not quite up to it and has been prepared to make difficult decisons including dropping the captain.

Look out for John Bostock though, a class above, its a shame we will only have him for about 5 minutes. Szczesny the Keeper from Arsenal is supposed to be good as will not have the chance to see him until the Leeds match.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
After Tuesday I am fairly confident myself now. Could turn out a decent, competitive game.

I still have nightmares about the last time we played you at PP around this time of year though :cry:

Pothas

We were actually good back then, reached our peak a month later against Sundersland and then it was all downhill from there.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, you really did look good. Then when we sacked Little, Allen quit to get the white hotseat, only to end up not getting it, as I recall it anyway

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Code:
                P W D L     pt

1. Exeter       3 3 0 0 8 2 9 
3. Tranmere     3 1 0 2 2 3 3
4. Brentford    4 0 2 1 1 5 2
5. Oldham       2 0 1 1 1 4 1

grecian to confirm that this is correct, but my by reckoning we've climbed from the bottom of two tables tonight :)

grecian

Umm, probaby right too depressed to check, not looking forward to Oldham next week, deep in doo-doo if we lose.:@

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We've got the same bet this season as last haven't we dav? Should be close tbh

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Looks like Les has decided he's desperate to keep us in this competition next season as well

grecian

Code:
                P W D L     pt

1. Exeter       4 3 0 1 8 4 9 
3. Oldham       3 1 1 1 3 4 4
4. Tranmere     3 1 0 2 2 3 3
5. Brentford    4 0 2 1 1 5 2

Well it seems that the MK dongs result, was more then just a singularly gutting day, it's caused a more fatal lack of confidence. Two good performances followed but with no cutting edge or points, and now we surrender meekly at Oldham. Well done Dav:)

Ho-hum, I guess a relegation scrap is more interesting then boring mid-table:unsure:

Last edited: