• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division Three Comp

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Okay, as I said earlier, with the high amount of Cricketweb elite (and me) having teams in the Div 1 of the English league system, I thought I'd run a league with the various teams competing.

The Fixtures are as following:

Brentford v Oldham, 15:00 29th Aug
Oldham v Hartlepool, 15:00 5th Sep
Exeter v Tranmere, 15:00 19th Sep
Exeter v Hartlepool, 15:00 5th Oct
Hartlepool v Brentford, 15:00 10th Oct
Hartlepool v Tranmere, 15:00 24th Oct
Exeter v Brentford, 15:00 31st Oct
Tranmere v Brentford, 15:00 5th Dec
Oldham v Exeter, 15:00 12th Dec
Oldham v Tranmere, 15:00 26th Dec
Hartlepool v Oldham, 15:00 28th Dec
Oldham v Brentford, 15:00 30th Jan
Tranmere v Oldham, 15:00 6th Feb
Brentford v Tranmere, 15:00 27th Feb
Exeter v Oldham, 15:00 6th March
Tranmere v Hartlepool, 15:00 20th March
Brentford v Exeter, 15:00 5th April
Tranmere v Exeter, 15:00 17th April
Hartlepool v Exeter, 15:00 1st May
Brentford v Hartlepool, 15:00 8th May

Think that's it, obvious I'd of made tons of Mistakes and Sky may well change the days to cover these glamour ties.

Would of thought this was the thread to arrange CW meetings, if anyone wishes too, rather then annoy people on the *official* football thread...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Xmas in Oldham, what a treat

Great idea anyway grecian, I don't care where we finish overall as long as we top this table tbh :ph34r:

Not that I think we should be bothered about annoying people in the official thread :p

grecian

Not that I think we should be bothered about annoying people in the official thread :p

Well you know they just get annoyed when we butt in on the Man U discussions. I just can't sleep for worrying if Hargreaves will ever get fit again......

fredfertang

What an excellent idea - I almost wish we'd got relegated ..................... but not quite

grecian

Sorry HDS, gave a call-out for the comp, and asked for any other contenders in both the last two football threads. You didn't make my utterly arbitrary cut line:)

Anyway, you'd probably be running away with it. Very glad we didn't find a Dirties fan as obviously it would lower the tone of the board massively, and they'd have a massive lead already.

So first match up this weekend, in the league literally no-one is talking about.

The team that have started the best, Pothas' Brentford play SKD's Oldham. I just found out that Sarah Cracknell's a fan of the Bees, so I'm supporting them. "You're in a bad way " being one of my fave songs ever.:)

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

I just found out that Sarah Cracknell's a fan of the Bees, so I'm supporting them. "You're in a bad way " being one of my fave songs ever.:)
As good a reason as any, I suppose. Sarah Cracknell was a bit of a hottie back in the day too.

Colchester to still win this...

Pothas

How many weeks do you think before Mr Barnes finds himself out of a job?

Great start for us, thought we would do ok but exceeding expectation thus far. Have work yet again tomorow so still waiting for my first game of the season.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't think we could afford to sack Barnes, and given he'd been applying for jobs for about 10 years, I don't think he'll bin it off in a hurry.

TBF, as I've said a few times today to people in the office, I'm not entirely convinced he's to blame as he has very little to work with. That being said I'm confident we'd be doing better under Ronnie Moore. A farcical sacking if ever there was one, and if he goes to Colchester I'll be looking out for them, even if Heef does support them.

Think this thread should be stickied tbh, get to it Pickup

Pothas

My biggest concern right now is that we will lose our manager before the end of the season, he has done such a great job that I will be terrified any time a championship manager looses his job.

chalky

International Debutant
Just seen this thread our 1st game against Oldham on Friday night

Seen all the home games this season & apart from Burnley in the league cup we have been gash. Apparantly though we have been quite good away from home not let in a goal yet so hopefully can get a result.

grecian

Was a good goal by the Blackburn kid to get a draw in the first match (BTW the girl was hot on the Football League show).

Will probably go for the monkey-hangers because of Stelling, mind you if SKD could explain this:

Some bird with bick **** supports us btw
I may change my mind, as I don't know what he's on about TBH:unsure:

Code:
                P W D L     pt
1. Brentford 	1 0 1 0 1 1 1
2. Oldham       1 0 1 0 1 1 1
3. Exeter 	        
4. Hartlepool 
5. Tranmere

Last edited: