• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division Three Comp

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
20 points from 10 games under Ronnie. Extrapolated across any given season that's automatic promotion season. So um yeah

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Play off push probably over (although far from impossible) after today. Not a terrible performance by any means but Notts County wanted a point and they did it pretty well while always looking a threat on the break.

Still a good few weeks for us, pretty positive about next year.

grecian

Code:
Huddersfield   12   9   3   0  23    5   30
Colchester     12   5   6   1  20   12   21
Brentford      12   5   3   4  16   16   18
Tranmere       12   4   5   3  13   12   17
Hartlepool     12   2   5   5   6    9   11
Exeter         12   2   3   7   7   17    9
Oldham         12   2   3   7   5   16    8
Think that's right, not sure though, but I think it's reasonably certain who the winner is, well done Vic, finally stopping Chalky's reign. Seems this year it's been good to be in a different hemisphere then the football. I wish I had been TBH.

Speaking of my team, well I'm not too gutted, the quality of this division is higher than expected, and we've lost most of the team that helped us climb, for next to no money. Hopefully we keep Gow, and give the youngsters a go next year. Quite confident we'll be top half, and we'd have only struggled again next year.

Has been great though after the years in the doldrums. Wins against Leeds, Charlton, Wednesday, the Slime, 'uddersfield on the last day of the season to stay up, it's been a blast, bring on Fleetwood :blink:

Hope to get to more games, have been diagnosed with gout recently, so haven't been much second-half of the season, I won't sit obviously, coz only effete tossers do that. May buy a season ticket just to make myself do so.

Anywhoo, someone else needs to run this stupid comp, if anyone can be bothered, goodbye, or should I say au revoir:)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Code:
Huddersfield   12   9   3   0  23    5   30
Colchester     12   5   6   1  20   12   21
Brentford      12   5   3   4  16   16   18
Tranmere       12   4   5   3  13   12   17
Hartlepool     12   2   5   5   6    9   11
Exeter         12   2   3   7   7   17    9
Oldham         12   2   3   7   5   16    8
Think that's right, not sure though, but I think it's reasonably certain who the winner is, well done Vic, finally stopping Chalky's reign. Seems this year it's been good to be in a different hemisphere then the football. I wish I had been TBH.

Speaking of my team, well I'm not too gutted, the quality of this division is higher than expected, and we've lost most of the team that helped us climb, for next to no money. Hopefully we keep Gow, and give the youngsters a go next year. Quite confident we'll be top half, and we'd have only struggled again next year.

Has been great though after the years in the doldrums. Wins against Leeds, Charlton, Wednesday, the Slime, 'uddersfield on the last day of the season to stay up, it's been a blast, bring on Fleetwood :blink:

Hope to get to more games, have been diagnosed with gout recently, so haven't been much second-half of the season, I won't sit obviously, coz only effete tossers do that. May buy a season ticket just to make myself do so.

Anywhoo, someone else needs to run this stupid comp, if anyone can be bothered, goodbye, or should I say au revoir:)
Cheers for running it, it's been a good thread.

Was there a site where you were able to look up the required fixtures or was it just a case of trawling through the fixtures? I'll take over unless anyone else would rather do it.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Did we have our usual bet this year Corrin? I probably owe you a few week for the Ronnie bounce, looking forward to all the **** signings he makes for you over the close season though, shame all his lads from Rotherham are pretty much retired now

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I assume it as an automatic bet tbh. Last time Ronnie managed is through a summer we assembled our best side of recent years so I'm pretty confident.

Will deliver you an avatar :p

grecian

Cheers for running it, it's been a good thread.

Was there a site where you were able to look up the required fixtures or was it just a case of trawling through the fixtures? I'll take over unless anyone else would rather do it.
This was the only thing I used, with highlighted teams in firefox to make it easier at the start of the year.:)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Everything you need to know for next season:

1 - Owain Fon Williams
2 - Danny Holmes
3 - Paul Black
4 - Ash Taylor
5 - Ian Goodison
6 -
7 - Lucas Akins
8 - James Wallace
9 - Ben Burgess
10 - Andy Robinson
11 - Adam McGurk
12 - Danny Harrison
13 -
14 - Zoumana Bakayogo
15 - Jake Kirby
16 - Cole Stockton
17 - Max Power
18 - Mark McChrystal
19 - Michael Kay
20 - Will Vaulks
26 - Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro

Also. Div 3 fans let me know if you want this running this season and I will give it my best.

Pothas

Had our first friendly yesterday, a 5-0 win over the mighty Hampton and Richmomd.

Think this might be the most positive I have ever been going into a season, bound to end badly.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I may not have the fixture list ready for the first games (read: won't) but yeah lll sort it