• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division Three Comp

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Would possibly be the least attended game ever.

Bear in mind that we played Stockport on the day of Queen Victoria's funeral and 12 people attended.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If Peterboring win tomorrow, Jack Mac can have LT's spot next season (assuming he want it)

If not, I guess we're one down unless any other members have come along whom I've forgotten about

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Peterboring win tomorrow, Jack Mac can have LT's spot next season (assuming he want it)

If not, I guess we're one down unless any other members have come along whom I've forgotten about
I think there's a Shrews fan somewhere. Not sure if he's interested.

HeathDavisSpeed

Anxiously awaiting another season of mid-table obscurity.

How long is it exactly before the next season starts? A fortnight or three weeks?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Bugger.

Rightio, I'm in. I hate the fact that I am, and that stupid Posh were the better side (better, but not 3-0 better), but I can't wait for the banter.

You bastards.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Would like it noted that Dav's location is awesome. Don't know if anyone else has picked up on it elsewhere, and can't be arsed to search, but it had to be said.

Pothas

This happening this year?

Dangerously optimistic about this season at the moment, sure it will be shattered soon enough but as long as we play something that slightly resembles football then I shall be happy.

HeathDavisSpeed

Bit worried about this season actually. Yes, Club Legend Carl Duguid is back, but as far as I can tell, we only have two proper strikers at the moment and a very small squad overall. I know we usually have issues in the 2nd half of the season as it is, but I think we could be in for a severe battle this year. Mid table obscurity would be a good result.

grecian

This happening this year?

Dangerously optimistic about this season at the moment, sure it will be shattered soon enough but as long as we play something that slightly resembles football then I shall be happy.
Yeah, it's happening, I'm a bit busy, so I'll post the fixture list, without Argiggle, and with 'uddersfield later.

Not sure about how we'll do, lost a lot of goals in Curo and Ryan, but looking to the youth team, which is exciting, as that's the only way a club like us can really progress. Making our own.

Hope out of Shephard, Bennett, Nicholls, Frear, Reid and others, that we can get two or three decent uns.

Last edited:

grecian

Right, should remember the normal rules about me being an incompetant idjit still apply, I will make mistakes, I have no problem with people pointing these out:)

The first fixtures don't appear until the 16th. I think I'll post them monthly.

Exeter v Brentford
Hartlepool v Huddersfield,

Huddersfield v Colchester

Brentford v Tranmere
Colchester v Oldham

All teams get at least one game, oddly enough.

My predictions of how they'll finish

Udders
Grecians
Essex boys
Latics
Bees
Monkey-hangers
Plastic scousers.

More for t'actual leugue TBH, but it may translate.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We've got money to spend don't you know. We'll top both this and the actual league.

(The fact we've got no players is neither here nor there)

Thanks for running this again anyway ****

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The summer proved that the Greens can't even do administration properly and face another season of strug.....................hang on..............Division Three Comp..........****.........too rich for my blood...........bye.

Pothas

Very encouraging start, we actually passed the ball for one. Did not always come off but was really nice to see us playing football, Jake Reeves in particular was excellent.

Having said all that Yeovil were **** and even then had a couple of good chances, still a good start.