• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division Three Comp

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jeez, our famous fan is a toss up between Richard Bacon and Daley Thompson.

Where's our topless model?!

grecian

We've got some bloke out of the Hoosiers and Liam Tancock (he's a swimmer). So not exactly star-studded....

grecian

Yep, Gellar ain't a supporter of us, thank gawd. Happy to pass him on. A very embarrassing part of our history that I'd rather forget...

Pothas

Jim Carrey and Camaron Diaz are Brentford fans, Rod Stewart was an apprentice in the early sixties as well.

Last edited:

chalky

International Debutant
We should still be top of the league this week barring either Exeter or Tranmere thrashing each other:thumbup:

grecian

We should still be top of the league this week barring either Exeter or Tranmere thrashing each other:thumbup:
Yeah you should be, I went early with the table before. Will be more point to it when we've all played at least a game.

Hoping for comfortable second after today, not that confident though:unsure:

grecian

Code:
                P W D L     pt
1. Hartlepool   1 1 0 0 3 0 3
2. Exeter       1 1 0 0 2 1 3  
3. Brentford 	1 0 1 0 1 1 1
4. Oldham       2 0 1 1 1 4 1  
5. Tranmere     1 0 0 1 1 2 0
So Hartlepools remain top despite the mighty Grecians dispatching of our Wirral chums. A lot of talk on Exeweb about Tranmere being cheats, because of an incident where they didn't give us the ball back. Load of twaddle IMHO. Yet I'm someone that hates all that stuff. The only time you should give the ball back is if the oppo has kicked the ball out when one of your players are down. Everything else should be a contested drop ball. I used to enjoy them.

Interesting apart from Tranmere, the rest of our teams seem much-of-a-muchness, in the real table. Can't see us getting anything at Charlton next week though, so we'll drift closer to relegation places, but at least the two hardest trips of the year will be out of the way.

I'm still not sure how our season will pan out, all of the matches apart from the Gills, we seem to have had good patches in, but it's keeping it up for 90 minutes, which we seem to be finding hard. If you slack off for a while in this division you will get punished which hasn't been the case for us over the last few seasons.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, there's 2 points between 4 of us in the table, then Tranmere are a bit behind. Need to start going on a run if its going to be anything other than a mid table mediocrity/relegation battle for any of us

Pothas

Bees without a win in 6 now after a great start and we have slipped into mid table, not overly concerned though, Andy Scott knows what he is doing and will not panic, had some very tricky games recently so still confident of not slipping into relegation worries. Need a win though that is for sure, would take mid table at the start of the year and still fairly confident that we can do that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Code:
                P W D L     pt
1. Hartlepool   1 1 0 0 3 0 3
2. Exeter       1 1 0 0 2 1 3  
3. Brentford 	1 0 1 0 1 1 1
4. Oldham       2 0 1 1 1 4 1  
5. Tranmere     1 0 0 1 1 2 3
So Hartlepools remain top despite the mighty Grecians dispatching of our Wirral chums. A lot of talk on Exeweb about Tranmere being cheats, because of an incident where they didn't give us the ball back. Load of twaddle IMHO. Yet I'm someone that hates all that stuff. The only time you should give the ball back is if the oppo has kicked the ball out when one of your players are down. Everything else should be a contested drop ball. I used to enjoy them.

Interesting apart from Tranmere, the rest of our teams seem much-of-a-muchness, in the real table. Can't see us getting anything at Charlton next week though, so we'll drift closer to relegation places, but at least the two hardest trips of the year will be out of the way.

I'm still not sure how our season will pan out, all of the matches apart from the Gills, we seem to have had good patches in, but it's keeping it up for 90 minutes, which we seem to be finding hard. If you slack off for a while in this division you will get punished which hasn't been the case for us over the last few seasons.
Those clueless bastards in white need every minute on the ball they get, can hardly blame them for not giving them back IMO. What happened, exactly?

edit, you've given us too many points in the table there btw

grecian

Those clueless bastards in white need every minute on the ball they get, can hardly blame them for not giving them back IMO. What happened, exactly?

edit, you've given us too many points in the table there btw
Thanks, edited. Mind you I'd of thought you'd of been after any points you can get :p

Umm, this may explain it. Lot's of slagging off of Scousers which I'm sure you'll be pleased with:)

TBH, I was there and I wasn't really sure what was going on:unsure:

Oh and I wish you where playing in white, the away strip was ghastly....

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Read one page and the scouser count is in double figures, FFS

What's your username over there?

Sounds like a bit of an overreaction mate, wishing relegation on us because of something like that, but your board is a lot more readable than ours