• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division Three Comp

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Predictable defeat for the Greens today at Walsall. A few deluded souls thought the win at Southampton on the opening day of the season was going to set the tone. Two predictably bad home performances followed and now a defeat today. I think the five years away have done Peter Reid no favours, you don't get of this league by getting loan signings from the Spurs youth team. We've got no creativity in midfield, no width, and little goal threat. It'll be interesting in the weeks ahead to see what Reid has up his sleeve - though anything other than a magic wand might not suffice. Lower mid table at best.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Take a 1-1 at Charlton any day...same score as in my game today, which i turned up to thinking was a preseason friendly but was actually the first game of the season, played 90mins and completely ****ed

And i got ****ing booked for the first time ever, ****ing knob ref

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
draw not bad with ten-men for much of the match, I suppose.

The draw curse hitting us again though.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
More goals than last year though. I'm still hopeful that as the back four bed down, these 2-2s (the last time we scored twice in our first three games was August 1980) will start turning into wins.

grecian

Need Taylor and Troy fit. with Duffy suspended, looking at a back three of Edwards-Jones-Bennett = goals:unsure:

HeathDavisSpeed

Sounds like a good, solid victory for Colchester today against a decent Rochdale unit. Sad to see Dagenham propping up the table, but my suspicion is that they're just not a good enough team for League One.

grecian

The gulf between divisions four and three is massive, can't even explain how much more quality is in this div, honestly ****ing chip-nickers are looking classy in the basement which shows how dire it is.

Pothas

A real shame I am too poor to go to Football at the moment, would have been great to see us beat Hull tonight.

Delighted though, hope we get a big club in the next round but got to make sure we win on Saturday as well now.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Another dire performance and defeat for the Greens. Many of us said last year that the players that Sturrock was bringing in would struggle in League One never mind the Championship and so it's proving.

The funny thing is that our match next week has been postponed because four of these no-marks are away on International duty.:laugh:

I'm going to repeat the first line below to make it easier to copy and paste as the season goes on.

Another dire performance and defeat for the Greens.