• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division Three Comp

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm a mild fan of Swindon, castrol, so hope you finish second. One of my first away games was watching Rideout score twice, but Kells getting the equaliser. Shaun Taylor is a god too..

Don't worry about gimp, he's found a bitter reason to hate against almost every team in the football league......

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The expected season of dispair for the Greens has been confirmed with the appointment of Peter Reid as manager. We were supposedly after a manager with proven experience in League One. I don't recall him having a single season at this level as either player or manager.
Bottom four and sacked by Christmas here we come.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm a mild fan of Swindon, castrol, so hope you finish second. One of my first away games was watching Rideout score twice, but Kells getting the equaliser. Shaun Taylor is a god too..

Don't worry about gimp, he's found a bitter reason to hate against almost every team in the football league......
I don't hate your lot

grecian

I don't hate your lot
That's because we're lovely, we've already made up some welcoming chants to the new cornish manager:

Cheer up Peter Reid
oh what can it mean
to an Argoyle supporter
of a sh*te football team

It's a tad derivative, but does the job.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Our opening day fixture at Southampton is live on Sky. I have a horrible feeling Reid will make the same mistake as many others have at this level and try to build a team around a load of Premiership has-beens.

Pothas

But Premiership has-beens are so much fun, well when they are when playing for the opposition at any rate.

We don't really go in for them, occasionally pick up a few Premiership never-beens though.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
After a 3-1 defeat to Torquay in a pre-season friendly Mr Reid has decided that the current Greens squad is not up to the passing game he wants them to play and will have to introduce a more direct style. It looks like the neck support will have to be dusted off for yet another season.

Pothas

Thought I would bring this back because the football thread has already become dire.

With less than two weeks to go, what are peoples hopes for this season?

Think the bees will do ok, seem to have made some reasonable signings with some loans surley to come. Think we might get somewhere near the play-offs if things go really well, no chance of actually being promoted though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
In theory I would settle for midtable. But you know me and my heart wants a desperately unlikely play off push. The thing is we don't have much of a squad yet, though I am told we have signed Enoch Showunmi today.

Pothas

Think I have seen him before, is he one of those strikers that never actually scores any goals? We buy them all the time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Possibly. Looked got six years ago for Luton though so you may as well hand us the title.

This thread rules btw, I propose all league one discussion stays in here

grecian

Quite excited really, seem to have brought in a lot of exciting, quick attacking options.

We were really sound defensively, at the end of last season, but we lacked quality to turn our draws into wins, hopefully we have that this season.

To be fair, we'd jumped up two leagues in two seasons, we were very under-prepared for the demands of this division last year. We often played a team that wasn't that dis-similar to the team that scraped out of the Conference, and a lot of the best players from that team had left. A few players stood up brilliantly, but others not so, and a number of the guys we tried to bring in, just ended up deadwood.

Yet we haven't the finances to go out and get a new team, so these things need to be done gradually.

As I say we've kept what was good from last year (which is unusual for us), and the additions look good. Nardiello and Noble could be incredible for us, used to playing at a higher standard. Thomson and O'Flynn gives us pace too.

So yay, from a toe-nailer......

Oh btw not sure if I should put Swindon in, Castrol seems to have disappeared, like he was in a BP pipe.

Pothas

Would like us to get a new striker in before the season starts we have the great Charlie obviously but then a 76 year old Nicky Forster and a 54 year old Carl Cort who has no knees.

Got some other guy in but sounds like he might play on the wing.

chalky

International Debutant
Think were pretty much relegation fodder this season have only stayed up on goal difference the last 2 seasons and we are even worse this season.

Saw us get thrashed 5-0 against Leeds on Saturday and we were lucky to get nil. Desperately need a decent striker have about 7 on the books but none of them could hit a cows arse with a banjo.

A decent start a must.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well, I've just made up for the fact that I don't ever get to matches any more by signing up to sponsor David Noble's away kit for the coming season.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Ours is a ***y claret and blue number. Last time we had those colours in this league we got promoted tbh

Pothas

We have managed to get our home kit right this season, red and white stripes may seem simple but we managed to partially **** it up last year.