• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AFL player Knockout

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Nathan Bock vs Patrick Ryder
Ryder is currently carrying the entire ruck division of a side, and manages to find clearances and get touches. Is providing sides with a legitimate idea of what to expect from ruckmen that aren't Dean Cox.

Tyson Edwards vs Sam Gilbert
Edwards has long been a fantastic, consistent player. Half of Geelong's side is better than Gilbert, who surely isn't in the Top 64 players in the League. Including the missing Matthew Scarlett. :whistling: (Surely got to swap him for Harley, at least?!)

Brendon Goddard vs Matthew Boyd
Goddard has one of the most damaging shoes in the league. Made the transition into the midfield this year having been one of the better quarterback-style players of the past few years. Boyd does a great job for the Bulldogs, but Goddard is going to be one of the most important aspects of St Kilda's premiership chances, and I don't think that's the same of Boyd.
I swear i had Scarlett in, ssawp him for Harley if thats the case.

EDIT: Scarlett is there already.

Last edited:

mikeW

Like i said earlier picking a top 64 is very hard to do, theres always going to be players that are stiff.

mikeW

Nathan Bock (Adelaide) vs. Paddy Ryder (Essendon)

Everyone should know how much i love Ryder but bock is a better footballer at this present time.

Tyson Edwards (Adelaide) vs. Sam Gilbert (St. Kilda)

Probably has gone too long without serious recognition from those outside Adelaide, tore us a new one.
Brendan Goddard (St. Kilda) vs. Matthew Boyd (Western Bulldogs)

Toughie for mine, Boyd has improved dramitically but Goddard is a star.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Like i said earlier picking a top 64 is very hard to do, theres always going to be players that are stiff.
Honestly, you think Colin Sylvia is better than Brad Green and Cameron Bruce? Sylvia's one of the biggest myths around, has all the tools to be a star but has nothing upstairs and nothing in the chest.

mikeW

Honestly, you think Colin Sylvia is better than Brad Green and Cameron Bruce? Sylvia's one of the biggest myths around, has all the tools to be a star but has nothing upstairs and nothing in the chest.
Currently yes, in the games i've watched Melbourne this year he has been the most damaging player and the one im most worried about Friday night. 30 + touches and 3 goals last week and was it 38 possies 4 goals vs Hawthorn?

Hoggy31

International Captain
Pretty sure it's best footballer, not best able to con the umpires into a soft free.
lol, despite all the diving accusations (may have been true 8 seasons ago) I'd rather have a proven matchwinner than a guy who racks up cheap kicks accross half back.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Scott Thompson is a probably better than Tyson Edwards at this point in time as well, tbh. Or at least better than someone in that list.

Nathan Bock vs Patrick Ryder
Ryder's going to be very good but he isn't as good as Bock yet. One of the best quarterback style defenders, crucial to Adelaide's run, and can also shut down a tall like Borcich said. His game on Franklin last year was one of the best defensive games you'll see.

Tyson Edwards vs Sam Gilbert
Brendon Goddard vs Matthew Boyd

Other two are straightforward.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bock
Edwards
Goddard

I spent some time doing my write-up and you guys just reset the whole thing. ****ers.

mikeW

So far

Bock 9 Ryder 1
Edwards 10 Gilbert 0
Goddard 9 Boyd 1

Voting closes Thursday at 7

Next 3 will be

Leigh Montagna vs Aaron Davey
Gary Ablett vs Nathan Foley
Barry Hall vs Daniel Wells

Voting opens Thursday at 7