• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

cover drive man

International Captain
Well here we are another summer, another football season ready to commence, thought it was about time we made the new thread.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well it's already an interesting pre-season.

For-the-record, I'm not really certain Ribery is the player everybody should be chasing, and Bayern not exactly known for letting people go cheaply, so I think teams would have to pay well over the odds.

Not convinced Valencia won't be a one-season wonder either. Many interesting twists and turns before the season gets under way.

Chelsea for the title
Barca for the Champions League
Exeter to be comfortably mid-table

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I will delightedly take 20th in League One.

I don't give a crap who wins anything else. It is far harder to hate Man Utd without ****face. Hopefully neutrals get to watch some good football, and I get my school XI "playing like Arsenal" again. Perhaps this time without the strikers doing incredible Niklas Bendtner impressions.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Neil if you decide to make the pilgrimage to Boundary Park we should have a drink.

Oldham to just miss the playoffs again, we're stuck in L1 for ever. (Well at least until they change the name again)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Things i want to see next season:

- England to get to at least the semi-finals of the WC

- England not have any major injuries going into the WC

- From a football perspective. Liverpool to win the League, they deserve to

- The FA to introduce a winter break like la liga, Serie A for the 2010/11 season

- United to meet Real in the CL

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Neil if you decide to make the pilgrimage to Boundary Park we should have a drink.

Oldham to just miss the playoffs again, we're stuck in L1 for ever. (Well at least until they change the name again)
I'm thoroughly looking forward to the fixtures next week. The first thing that shall be done is a comparison with the term dates and a calculation of which games can be watched...

grecian

Will probably start the Div1 Cw league when the fixture list is up. If anyone doesn't wish to participate, or if they want to add a team,say. Also if anyone can think of a decent name for it, that would be good:)

Basic league system with the matches played between the sides.

Teams, so far:

Oldham
Tranmere
Hartlepools
Exeter
Brentford

Am, I missing anyone? I have no memory, so it wouldn't surprise me if I missed someone obvious:unsure:

There will have to be joint managers for Exeter, I'll clearly be the Brian Clough to Pickup's Peter Taylor:cool:

duffer

Sign a couple of defenders who can head the ball, a midfielder who can tackle, sell and replace Adebayor. If a team's fool enough to offer 10m+ for Kolo then bye bye to him too. I'll be chuffed with that.

Think we'll win something this year. First season in a decade where Arsene is under any sort of pressure from the fans, let's see if he does what's needed.

duffer

Feel free to have him. He's had two horrific seasons on the bounce for us, he used to be able to bail himself out by his ridiculous recovery pace but now that's gone he is just a mediocre defender.

Redbacks

International Captain
Arsenal need to find some defenders who don't slip over/choke in big games :wacko: A new 19 yr old will provide that :wacko:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Things i want to see next season:

- England to get to at least the semi-finals of the WC

- England not have any major injuries going into the WC

- From a football perspective. Liverpool to win the League, they deserve to

- The FA to introduce a winter break like la liga, Serie A for the 2010/11 season

- United to meet Real in the CL
:sick::bag:

luffy

International Captain
I'd rather anyone barring Manky U win the Premiership instead of Liverpool.

Wankers.

Everton to qualify for the Champions League this year. Can feel it in my bones. Really can.

For Everton, Valente and van der Meyde have been relased, maybe making room for some Summer Transfers. If we can get a couple of really good buys we will go a long way.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
For Everton, Valente and van der Meyde have been relased, maybe making room for some Summer Transfers. If we can get a couple of really good buys we will go a long way.
Everton have absolutely no cash from all reports, would have to sell players to be able to bring anyone decent in.