• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You reckon that's that for Johnson now? Reckon he looked worth a punt a couple of years ago.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
You reckon that's that for Johnson now? Reckon he looked worth a punt a couple of years ago.
He's fat as now, but I don't think he's done. But would you start him over Ireland or Barry? I sure as **** wouldn't. De Jong plays because he's the shield behind halfway, so Johnson's not in competition with him. Plus he's much better at the moment anyway.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hesitant to make an XI now as there's more coming and plenty going I reckon, but this is what I'd go with right now:

--------------------Given-------------------

---Micah---Dunne---Onouha-------Bridge--

-----Ireland----de Jong----Barry----

-----Tevez------Adebayour----Robinho----

There'll be signings in defence though. Lescott will come I reckon, we'll pay spastic money for him but meh, Terry's up in the air, there's talk of others such as Lusaio and Marchena. Dunne might go but I don't see him leaving, I think he'd rather play from the bench than miss us potentially actually winning something.

Personally I think we should try and move heaven and hell for Maicon but that's just me. Don't rate Richards going forward.
What an awesome attacking team. Like you say City will need to get a defender or two before the season starts.

You know your team is very good when Santa Cruz, Zabaleta and Wright Phillips can't make your XI.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
What an awesome attacking team. Like you say City will need to get a defender or two before the season starts.

You know your team is very good when Santa Cruz, Zabaleta and Wright Phillips can't make your XI.
Yeah I think our bench will speak volumes about how far we've come in a single season. All going to plan you'd see names on the bench along the lines of:

Taylor, Dunne, Kompany, Elano, Onouha, SWP, Petrov, Santa Cruz, Zabaleta, Bellamy, Johnson, Garrido, Bojinov.

Very good bench when they'll be rotated through the starting XI as well. I'm eagerly awaiting the cleanout at City as well actually, will be interesting to see who actually goes. My tips:
Caicedo (Loan)
Evans (confirmed by morning according to reports tbh)
Tal Ben Haim (GTFO ****)
Benjani
Etuhu
One of Richards or Onouha (hunch, hopefully not)
Elano (****in' hope not though)

to go with the already gone:
Vassell
Ball
Hamann
Jo (Loan)
Gelson
Mills
Sturridge

All of the deadwood (and some quality, sadly) will be gone by next "summer" I reckon.