• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Why do Barca want Zlatan? His **** (big game bottler) and apparently will cost more than Villa.

If Barca want Inter players, ask for Maicon and Mario Balotelli.

I also see Lucio has joined Inter, good signing and move for the player. At his age, I don't think he could handle either Spain or England.

Craig

World Traveller
Why do Barca want Zlatan? His **** (big game bottler) and apparently will cost more than Villa.

If Barca want Inter players, ask for Maicon and Mario Balotelli.

I also see Lucio has joined Inter, good signing and move for the player. At his age, I don't think he could handle either Spain or England.
Turns out Inter will get Eto'o in return and likely will get Hleb on loan as well. I guess if Lucio has joined, then goodbye Nicolas Burdisso (Mourinho has never rated him that highly).

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah man how can you say he 2007/08 was fluke for Abebayor. Thars extremely harsh.

Arsenal came third & if my memroy is right Arsenal came third & during the first half where playing some fantastic football. Last season yea he was below par along with his discression towards the gunners fans. But he wasn't the reason why Arsenal didn't win anything, its the lack of strong mid-field.
Adebayor is only as good as Cesc is playing at the time. When Cesc was in form two seasons ago and creating chance after chance he made Ade and most of the team look really really good. When he accumulated niggling injuries later that season and his performances dropped then Ade fell apart, the goals dried up and we dropped like a stone. Bloke should be donating half his pay to Cesc, he made him.

Same deal with last season when Cesc was out, the only guys who came out with any credibility were Arshavin, Sagna and Gallas. Shows how overrated so much of our side is and 25m for one of them with a horrific attitude is great great business.

Arsenal has basically become a breeder club for talented youngsters, i can't see any MAJOR players (age 25-30) signing to Arsenal in the near future. If this was Arsenal of the late 90s to about 2004, you could have tempted Ribery i strongly believe.
Stevie Wonder could see the balance is wrong in the squad, in terms of experience, size and defensive ability but we're starting to address it (Vermaelen and probably a midfielder).

As for major players, we signed Arshavin (probably debatable as major) and had some deals fall through last minute but I don't believe our stock is dropping amongst top players, and it won't while Arsene is in charge. He's a true player's manager, one they love playing for. We've also got the third highest wage bill in the league, so the wages we offer are very competitive for a Champions League team too.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Man City get lingerie models to advertise their club? I have to admit, that is fantastic.

EDIT: How Ibrahimovic is worth a £20m player + £35m + a loan of a quality player for a season is so far beyond me I don't even know. What a fantastic deal for Inter.

Last edited:

grecian

alisonhammond2

EDIT: How Ibrahimovic is worth a £20m player + £35m + a loan of a quality player for a season is so far beyond me I don't even know. What a fantastic deal for Inter.
Agreed, it's one of the most stupid transfers I've ever heard of. E'to is twice the player Ibra is IMO. The exchange plus money is bizarre:blink:

chalky

International Debutant
The Mirror says angry Adebayor is locked in a battle with Arsenal over a £2m loyalty bonus as he has not formally requested a transfer

Good god, die in a fire you ****.
Sky reporting Adebayor having a medical this afternoon at City looks like the deal is done

duffer

Man, that's like the third medical he's had there. Believe it when I see him holding up a City shirt.

EDIT: Watching our friendly against Barnet now, so awesome to see Tommy Rosicky back. Hope he's fit(haha) for most of the season.

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
Agreed, it's one of the most stupid transfers I've ever heard of. E'to is twice the player Ibra is IMO. The exchange plus money is bizarre:blink:
I'm not so sure about that, tbh. Will Eto'o do as well at a club that won't give him anywhere near the quality of service he had at Barca? Will Zlatan fit in with Barca's attractive style and profit from an engine room he didn't have earlier? I know which of those questions I'm going to answer with a "yes".

Besides, Eto'o's (:wacko:) contract expires next summer IIRC, and they're doing well to cash in on that. Hleb wasn't even playing regularly, so they won't lose much by sending him out on loan.

grecian

I'm not so sure about that, tbh. Will Eto'o do as well at a club that won't give him anywhere near the quality of service he had at Barca? Will Zlatan fit in with Barca's attractive style and profit from an engine room he didn't have earlier? I know which of those questions I'm going to answer with a "yes".

Besides, Eto'o's (:wacko:) contract expires next summer IIRC, and they're doing well to cash in on that. Hleb wasn't even playing regularly, so they won't lose much by sending him out on loan.
Well, don't rate Zlatan, so it's not gonna be considered a good deal by me even without E'to going. Barca would have a much bigger chance of retaining their trophies with Samuel, IMHO. So it's a false economy anyway. We'll see.

Duffer, do you reckon Jay Simpson may get some games for the Arse this season?????

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Manchester City FC (MCFC) on Twitter

Official Citeh twitter says Ade will arrive at City late afternoon, goss around the club is that they'll be putting him up on the screen after the friendly as some form of unofficial unveiling.
I was just looking at the City squad when trying to work out my fantasy team, and it looks like City have the most players in their squad.

If Adebayor comes in what would be your ideal XI DCYE?

duffer

Duffer, do you reckon Jay Simpson may get some games for the Arse this season?????
We might keep him around for that pesky UEFA 6+5 quota on the horizon(as we do with the likes of Hoyte) but on merit he shouldn't be there. He's behind Rvp, Eduardo, Bendtner, Vela, Theo as strikers and if we use him on the right side of midfield we have a plethora of attacking players there. He'll get some pre season games and if we can't get a good price for him we'll use the Carling Cup as a shop window I guess.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I was just looking at the City squad when trying to work out my fantasy team, and it looks like City have the most players in their squad.

If Adebayor comes in what would be your ideal XI DCYE?

Hesitant to make an XI now as there's more coming and plenty going I reckon, but this is what I'd go with right now:

--------------------Given-------------------

---Micah---Dunne---Onouha-------Bridge--

-----Ireland----de Jong----Barry----

-----Tevez------Adebayor----Robinho----

There'll be signings in defence though. Lescott will come I reckon, we'll pay spastic money for him but meh, Terry's up in the air, there's talk of others such as Lusaio and Marchena. Dunne might go but I don't see him leaving, I think he'd rather play from the bench than miss us potentially actually winning something.

Personally I think we should try and move heaven and hell for Maicon but that's just me. Don't rate Richards going forward.

Last edited: