• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Big case for a red there. Slotted home by Milner though.

EDIT: Early goal best thing that could've happened for the game too.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Have to say, Vidic makes a lot of these red card situations when he's the last man. I'm not sure it's the best thing to do this early in the game, sometimes it's better off just... letting the keeper make an attempt to save. That was always going to be a penalty and was always (or apparently not) going to be a red card. He doesn't seem his normal self this season, not nearly half as good as the last season, even when you take into consideration his injuries it still doesn't add up for me. Just not as good. :(

Loony BoB

International Captain
Checked the Beeb and you're right, no booking. I'll take it as a United fan, but with a guilty look on my face... doesn't really feel right winning when you're getting away with stuff like that, admittedly. Although maybe after our last game against Villa they wouldn't want to be seen against 10 of us again :p

EDIT: Yellow for everyone but Vidic, it seems.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Not sure. Made the edit on my last post thinking he was about to get booked but I guess Dowd is playing Mister Inconsistency today.

EDIT: Also, 22 minutes in and this game is already great on the eye, if not on the head.

duffer

Checked the Beeb and you're right, no booking. I'll take it as a United fan, but with a guilty look on my face... doesn't really feel right winning when you're getting away with stuff like that, admittedly. Although maybe after our last game against Villa they wouldn't want to be seen against 10 of us again :p

Were Villa ahead when you went a man down last time?

Loony BoB

International Captain
Rafael gets away without a yellow this time. Getting a little embarrassing.

EDIT: duffer - nope, was a draw.

Aston Villa 1 - 1 Man Utd (1-1 HT)
Cuellar (19)
Collins (og 23)

Bookings:
Evans (26)
Sent off:
Nani (29)

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Here's a question for anyone who knows the rules well - if a yellow/red is not given in the match, then retrospective punishments can be given on occasion, yeah? What happens if it's part of a penalty?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

You'll be leading the campaign for United to return 11 Premier Leagues and whatever else you've won in the 90s/00s then...

:ph34r:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Here's a question for anyone who knows the rules well - if a yellow/red is not given in the match, then retrospective punishments can be given on occasion, yeah? What happens if it's part of a penalty?
Nope. It's only for an incident the referee missed.

I think if he'd spotted the shirt-pull when Agbonlahor was running through it was a definite red. If he's giving it for the clumsy tackle then I can see a case for showing a yellow.

grecian

ah well , that'll put a quick end to the "owen for England" nonsense.

Really don't care who wins this don't like either side:@

Loony BoB

International Captain
Nope. It's only for an incident the referee missed.

I think if he'd spotted the shirt-pull when Agbonlahor was running through it was a definite red. If he's giving it for the clumsy tackle then I can see a case for showing a yellow.
In that case I can't think for the life of me why he's not got a card. That was my only other theory - he wasn't sure and figured if he gave a yellow then it can't be changed. No idea.