• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Loony BoB

International Captain
I think we're both seeing what we want to see.
In all honesty, I'm completely indifferent to it because I quite like both Ramsey and Shawcross. I'm not viewing it wanting to see anything. I didn't even notice the jump until I checked out that latest video.

In other news, getting a little edgy thinking about the final today. I never really know what to expect with Villa, and certainly never know what to expect with our lot...

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In all honesty, I'm completely indifferent to it because I quite like both Ramsey and Shawcross. I'm not viewing it wanting to see anything. I didn't even notice the jump until I checked out that latest video.

In other news, getting a little edgy thinking about the final today. I never really know what to expect with Villa, and certainly never know what to expect with our lot...
Can't see United not winning(although I'd love it if they didn't).

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watch the 'tube video, watch Ramsey, see him jump. *shrug* If you don't actually watch "both" players and instead watch what they were doing individually, you see Shawcross following the ball and going to kick it, which is fair enough as he just pushed it forward. Then watch Ramsey, you see him head towards the ball and then, at the last second, jump into the challenge. He wasn't swinging because he didn't have a planted foot - he was jumping into it. Or am I completely blind?
This was exactly my interpretation too.

Yeah, same. It's somewhat odd that all of the United fans agree on this one. I don't exactly have anything against Arsenal and I'm hardly Stoke's biggest fan. No one's immune to bias, but why would I "want" to see anything in a challenge between Ryan Shawcross and Aaron Ramsey?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Shawcross is a former United youth player is he not? Not suggesting anything, just saying it could be a reason many United fans have a soft spot for him. Big fan myself, that said, I'm probably a bigger fan of Ramsey.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Today we see a repeat of the 1994 final. Of course, Villa should never have been in the 94 final, as Bosnich pulled Aldridge down when he was through on goal only to receive ****ing YELLOW!!! He of course then went on to win the tie for them in the penalty shootout. That's before I mention the fact that they scored a late goal in the first leg at PP (3-1 to the whites) from a dodgy free-kick. Now it's not questionable, it's a matter of fact; the ref phoned John King after the game and apologised for it, saying that he hoped it didn't affect the overall outcome. Well it did, it's sixteen years later and I'm still bitter, but this final has brought it all back. Also makes me sad when I think about what a team we had back then and the United-Villa final has really brought these memories to the forefront.

We did reach the final six years later of course, yesterday was the tenth anniversary. But it's okay, because next year we might get to play Stevenage. :cry:

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'm a fan of Shawcross, he gets me a lot of fantasy football points. :D Yes, a former United youth player, but a lot of players out there are. Ramsey was also a player we went after but he chose Arsenal, so maybe some United fans might be bitter over that, but I also have a soft spot for him as a young Welsh talent. I guess something about living in Scotland and Giggs never being in a major tournament means that I kind of want Wales to do well, and Ramsey is a sign of hopeful things to come for them. He's not exactly a player that has slated us at any point, has he?

duffer

Yakubu puts them back in it now. Gomes has had a mare so far. Confident they can get something now.

Uppercut

Shawcross is a former United youth player is he not? Not suggesting anything, just saying it could be a reason many United fans have a soft spot for him. Big fan myself, that said, I'm probably a bigger fan of Ramsey.
I didn't even know that :p.

They're both quite likable players tbf. I don't imagine many people hold the fact that he chose Arsenal against him. If he'd went to Liverpool then yeah, but United fans are increasingly indifferent towards Arsenal these days.

duffer

Landon Donovan with the miss of the year so far. Couldn't sidefoot it in from 3 yards out, open goal.

Uppercut

Have to laugh at the BBC. Dedicated the entire Carling Cup final build-up to a Wayne Rooney love-in and he's not even playing.

Jarquis

Reading through this thread was painful. Don't even know where to start. My try to do so later when I'm not on my phone.

Anyway, penalty to Villa.