• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Might as well get these in whille I can:

John Terry on his recent infidelity; 'I can't understand what all the fuss is about. When your full back leaves a hole, it's the centre half's job to fill it'.

-------

Terry: What a ****e coupe of years, Mum's a thief. Dad's a druggy. Been pulled up in the tabloids several times for my arrogant behavior and missed the decisive penalty in a Champions League final

Bridge: It ain't that bad mate, I just found out my missus got AIDS!

-----

Oh and he's been sacked by the way. Hope his head is suitably ****ed for Sunday then.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm pretty happy to defer to Capello's opinion on the matter here. Handled it extremely well too by telling Terry first.

duffer

From a poster on the guardian website:

Terry dropped as England captain for an extra marital affair...to be replaced by someone who got banned 8 months for "conveniently" missing a drug test, has been banned 4 times for drunken driving and was caught appearing on tape in a *** orgy with some other England team mates.

Only in England.

Heh. Open season on England players please. There must be plenty more of this lying there. Apparently there's "a lot more to follow" this Sunday. Notw could end up being our 12th man for the weekend.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Other options include a bloke who assaults DJs and another who likes to nail the elderly.

Reckon Wayne Bridge should put himself forward for the job, TBH.

social

I'm pretty happy to defer to Capello's opinion on the matter here. Handled it extremely well too by telling Terry first.
A few years ago, an Aussie Rules footballer named Wayne Carey was having an affair with a team-mate's wife

Unlike Terry, Carey was one of the greatest ever and without him, his team was basically ****ed (think Maradona and how his Argie contemporaries would've gone without him)

However, the team unanimously voted to chuck him out of the club because he broke some unwritten law and they couldnt trust him

Needless to say, they went downhill from there :ph34r:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointed that JT has been stripped. But knowing Capello i sort of expected this. Hopefully Terry doesn't feel like quitting ENG or anything that would be just awful.

Give the captaincy to Rio or Stevie G..

fredfertang

comparethecaptain.com

shagging mates ex> incident in nightclub resulting in crown court trial > missing drugs test

simples :dry:

Uppercut

Should go to Gerrard, really.
I don't think he's in the current team. Lamps is playing better than him this year and Capello doesn't like playing both of them. Even if he is ahead of Lampard, it's very marginal and you don't really want a captain whose place in the side is so ambiguous.

Not that Rio's ideal though...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think he's in the current team. Lamps is playing better than him this year and Capello doesn't like playing both of them. Even if he is ahead of Lampard, it's very marginal and you don't really want a captain whose place in the side is so ambiguous.

Am Gerrard's place is not ambigous at all ATM, he is clearly part of what is ENG best XI ATM. In WCQ Capello found a way to accomodate both Lamps & Stevie G in the national team by playing a regular mid-field of:

Gerrard-------------------------Barry---------------------------Lampard-------------------------Walcott/Lennon

It worked very well. Stevie G or Rio would make good captains based on what they do on the field. Their personal lifestyles are irrelevant unless its a situation as bad as what has happened with Terry ATM..

Matteh

Am Gerrard's place is not ambigous at all ATM, he is clearly part of what is ENG best XI ATM. In WCQ Capello found a way to accomodate both Lamps & Stevie G in the national team by playing a regular mid-field of:

Gerrard-------------------------Barry---------------------------Lampard-------------------------Walcott/Lennon

It worked very well. Stevie G or Rio would make good captains based on what they do on the field. Their personal lifestyles are irrelevant unless its a situation as bad as what has happened with Terry ATM..
Prefer Cole as the makeshift option on the left.

And you've missed the point people were making. How on earth is shagging your mate's missus with her consent worse than assault or cheating in your sport? If it's rape then yeah sure it's a big deal, whereas as bad as it is to ignore 'bros before hoes' it's just not on the same level.

BoyBrumby

Englishman

He's invariably played them both when fit. Even played both in The Ukraine when we'd already qualified.

Wasn't his ex when Terry shagged her tbf.
Not how it's been reported.

Anyway, would've gone for Rooney myself as he's probably the least ****ish of the definite starters. Barry probably the safe pair of hands option, but maybe not in the XI were Hargreaves fit.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Disagree. See no need to to change a winning formula ATM.

And you've missed the point people were making. How on earth is shagging your mate's missus with her consent worse than assault or cheating in your sport? If it's rape then yeah sure it's a big deal, whereas as bad as it is to ignore 'bros before hoes' it's just not on the same level.
Unless the shagging is revealed to the public its not comparable. It just remains part of player personal life that is no fans buisness.

Of course being ENG captain the player needs to be a strong role model, given the significance of what being 'ENG captain" means to our sporting culture. Theirfore the player may have to adjust certain lifestyle patterns just in the prowling media catches in him something that could affect him. But the ultimate judgement to chosing that player to be captain, has to come from what the player does on the field.

Terry was the perfect captain based on his on-field exploits. If this girl didn't come out & reveal his personal life situation which for obvious reasons could affect team morale at a time ENG don't need that. We as fans would have never known..

Uppercut

It's more to do with team dynamics than how right or wrong you judge their actions to be. Wouldn't you rather play under someone who had once been in a bar fight or missed a drugs test five years ago than someone who shagged your girlfriend?