• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
aussie for the last three years I have been wanting to ask you, why the **** do you insist on sticking a completely unnecessary hyphen in the middle of midfield?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha I always find it funny how random players like him, Phill Babb and Matt Derbyshire end up moving to teams on the continent for a few years.
Jermain Pennant joining Real Zaragaoza is hilarious, rekon these la liga clubs have got him confused with someone else after Reals bizare interest. I mean who would want that horrible little man

Craig

World Traveller
Jermain Pennant joining Real Zaragaoza is hilarious, rekon these la liga clubs have got him confused with someone else after Reals bizare interest. I mean who would want that horrible little man
That is indeed quite random. What he had to say about his move:

Pennant told the club's website: "I wanted to come to Spain and I had offers from important teams in Europe but joined Real Zaragoza.

Would love to know who these important teams were. Whilst Rafa goes on the rampage.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
News this morning is that in the space of an hour last night there were so many bets taken on Franck Ribery moving to Liverpool that his odds dropped from 66/1 to 8/13 - an unprecendented fall. There may be nothing in it but that kind of betting plunge rarely, if ever, happens without somebody knowing something.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
News this morning is that in the space of an hour last night there were so many bets taken on Franck Ribery moving to Liverpool that his odds dropped from 66/1 to 8/13 - an unprecendented fall. There may be nothing in it but that kind of betting plunge rarely, if ever, happens without somebody knowing something.
If that happens, then surely Alonso and Mascherano are off.

Personally I would rather keep those two than get Ribery.

Reports are David Villa is off to Barca.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
If that happens, then surely Alonso and Mascherano are off.

Personally I would rather keep those two than get Ribery.

Reports are David Villa is off to Barca.
Agreed - Liverpool won't have the money to buy him without selling at least one, probably both of them, and that would make the team weaker in my books.

Villa is one of the few strikers who will make Barca's forward line even better - if that happens then Eto'o will definitely be off, though where to is still up for grabs. Rumours are that he wants half of his £25m transfer fee to go in his own pocket.

Craig

World Traveller
If Valencia have offers from Villa from abroad, why would they not try and not sell to a foreign club then to make one of their rivals stronger? I would ring up Chelsea and see if a deal can be struck before I would sell to Real or Barca.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
If Valencia have offers from Villa from abroad, why would they not try and not sell to a foreign club then to make one of their rivals stronger? I would ring up Chelsea and see if a deal can be struck before I would sell to Real or Barca.
I think they'd love to do that, but from what I can tell Villa has made it pretty clear he wants to stay in Spain.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Dont have any stats ATM, but i really dont think he has been rubbish. Fact is Arsenal's problem for the longest while is the mid-field. If you see him what quality striker can they get.

Talking about ego's. AUS with Bevan in the ODI team for years wasn't much of a team player, but his value was unmatched.
Yeah, but er, Adebayor is fail.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Paul McLaren resigns for the SWA. John Barnes has now signed two players for us, both of whom previously played for us. The only player he's got to sign a new contract is in his 2nd spell at the club as well (Ian Moore). Hope this trend is repeated and we see Pat Nevin and jason Koumas sign up.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Roll on the football season, have gone off cricket for some reason:@

City have made some decent young signings. There's talk of us actually having money to spend:unsure:

I'll believe it when I see it, TBH.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Who should start on the right for England?

Cole or Walcott?. I'd personally love to start both in a line-up of:

---------------------------------------------------------------Green/Foster------------------------------------------------

Brown-------------------------------------------Ferdinand------------------Terry---------------------------------Ash

----------------------------------------------------Lampard------------------Barry----------------------------------------

Walcott----------------------------------------------------------Gerrard--------------------------------------------Cole

------------------------------------------------------------------Rooney-----------------------------------------------------

But understandably Big Fabio wont start Rooney alone up front for obvious reasons. So it basically will be Joe vs Theo for the right-wing spot. Interesting but nice dilemma coming up..

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
The JT to City rumours - which seemed to be absolute rubbish a few days ago - just keep on keeping on:

Football365.com - The John Terry Gossip - Transfer Gossip - Football365 News

The talk is that City could wrap up the signings of both Tevez and Terry by the end of the week for a combined total of £60m, taking their spending to over £200m in less than a year.

What do City fans think of this - is £35m for a central defender a few months short of his 29th birthday really the way forward?