Page 3 of 859 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    I'd guess because he's a "name" with connections to the area thanks to his stint at the 'Pool. Can't honestly think of any other reason, his coaching record is abysmal; was laughably dire at Celtic and failed to take Jamaica even into the CONCACAF final qualifying group.

&, I don't know if you've ever had the "pleasure" to catch him "presenting" on 5, but I'd suggest his appointment won't have anything to do with his eloquence on the beautiful game either.
    That's what I feared - what is GIMH like if Tranmere have a bad trot? - I can imagine morose might be an understatement

Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    what is GIMH like if Tranmere have a bad trot?
    Same as he's been for the last couple of decades you'd imagine

Nah look, that's poor form.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Links everywhere about it itbt. Been the same the last couple of years though, so it's hardly surprising.
    Er, we signed Fellaini for 15mil last summer, and were bidding close to 18mil for Moutinho.

The van der Meyde off-loading should help us a bit in the capture of Owen, though. He'd better not be asking for more than 50k considering his record in the past couple of seasons.
    orz

For the first time I think Liverpool actually have a chance next year although I hope they fail, Think it is going to be very close between the top 4 next season and I really can't predict a winner. Think Arsenal will improve. Hull, Burnley and Wolves for the drop although would like one of those two to stay up but lost all sympathy for Hull.
    As for league 1 I think Brentford will stay up relatively comfortably, would be happy with mid-table.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY View Post
    Er, we signed Fellaini for 15mil last summer, and were bidding close to 18mil for Moutinho.

The van der Meyde off-loading should help us a bit in the capture of Owen, though. He'd better not be asking for more than 50k considering his record in the past couple of seasons.
    Did indeed, but apart from Fellaini, who else did Everton actually splash some cash on? IIRC the 3/4 other players brought in were either loans or free transfers. The sale of Andy Johnson is what funded the Fellaini bid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY View Post

Have you seen his 34-page brochure?

Were it not for an unhappy spell at Real Madrid and two injury-scarred years at Newcastle, he would be spoken about in the same breath as Torres and Ronaldo and valued in the priceless figures that only match-winning goalscorers ever justify.

Owen "is about to make the biggest decision of his football career", and explains that the 29-year-old is "good looking" and "charismatic"."

As for him going to Everton, I can't see it firstly due to his wage demands and secondly he doesn't fit in with the system they use. AJ worked as he tracked back and was a carthouse upfront that always put himself about, Owen does sweet FA. The Yak is back next season as well.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Nice selling technique from the agents. "If he hadn't played like utter poo for the past five years, he'd be thought of as a really good player!"
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    I'd guess because he's a "name" with connections to the area thanks to his stint at the 'Pool. Can't honestly think of any other reason, his coaching record is abysmal; was laughably dire at Celtic and failed to take Jamaica even into the CONCACAF final qualifying group.

&, I don't know if you've ever had the "pleasure" to catch him "presenting" on 5, but I'd suggest his appointment won't have anything to do with his eloquence on the beautiful game either.
    Extremely harsh to blame him for that. Laughable even.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    That's what I feared - what is GIMH like if Tranmere have a bad trot? - I can imagine morose might be an understatement
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Same as he's been for the last couple of decades you'd imagine

Nah look, that's poor form.
    Sky Sports News have now confirmed the appointment of Barnes. The club haven't, but that's to be expected, they are probably just getting round to confirming our final league position

Anyway, I believe the reason for the strange managerial dealings at PP to be to do with administrative chnages. There are takeover rumours all over the place and whilst I don't believe some of the personnel that are being tipped (Fowler & McManaman) I definitely think there are new owners of some sort coming in. Sacking Moore was dramatic and odd to say the least, and appointing Barnes even stranger. McAteer is set to be his assistant, which I imagine is for lower-league knowledge. As much of a tit McAteer is, I've heard good things about his coaching.

Dunno, it's not the appointment I'd have made (should have got Coppell ) but now that they are seemingly here then I've no choice but to get behind them. Got a hell of a job on their hands though. We've got no players.

Edit, oh and yes he does have connections in the area. Lives on the peninsula, in fact
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    Extremely harsh to blame him for that. Laughable even.
    Came in late, yes. Sticking around to oversee the rebuilding? No.
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

Jamaica job mustn't pay much if he'd rather have the SWA hotseat

Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    Its all about ENG next season. So excuse me if i seem less enthusiastic about United. Although i dont want us to lose Tevez or any other potential crazyness to occurs, ya dig!!

You do realise the WC isn't until the season has ended, don't you?

Clearly club>>>>country anyway

cpr
    Hopefully, without Ronaldo, we'll learn how to play football again. Wingers who like to pass and cross, strikers who feel the need to get into the penalty area once in a while. Become a team again rather than a one man show.

Get Berbatov to stay up front, allow Rooney the right to roam without care, with a solid 4 anchored behind them (by solid, meaning no Anderson for at least 6 months untill he remembers what football is)

Like it or not we need a left winger more than we need a right winger (though one of them wont hurt too, especially if Nani decides the only shoes of Ronaldo's he's stepping into are his pink slippers), depending if Hargreaves can find a kneecap or two, might need a holding midfielder.

Oh and a keeper without Parkinsons would help (even the one with Tourettes could control himself better)
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Barnes was let go AFAIK.

Thread Information