• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You do realise the WC isn't until the season has ended, don't you?

Clearly club>>>>country anyway :ph34r:

cpr

International Coach
Hopefully, without Ronaldo, we'll learn how to play football again. Wingers who like to pass and cross, strikers who feel the need to get into the penalty area once in a while. Become a team again rather than a one man show.

Get Berbatov to stay up front, allow Rooney the right to roam without care, with a solid 4 anchored behind them (by solid, meaning no Anderson for at least 6 months untill he remembers what football is)

Like it or not we need a left winger more than we need a right winger (though one of them wont hurt too, especially if Nani decides the only shoes of Ronaldo's he's stepping into are his pink slippers), depending if Hargreaves can find a kneecap or two, might need a holding midfielder.

Oh and a keeper without Parkinsons would help (even the one with Tourettes could control himself better)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Its all about ENG next season. So excuse me if i seem less enthusiastic about United. Although i dont want us to lose Tevez or any other potential crazyness to occurs, ya dig!!
Don't see how that affects anything. Liverpool have hardly any English players. Villa or something I could see your point.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On the preview for the next episode on the Ross Kemp show on pirating, he goes into an un named (in the trailer) African country and goes up a river to meet some actual modern day pirates.

One of the pirates boats has this emblazoned on one of the engines.

Craig

World Traveller
On the preview for the next episode on the Ross Kemp show on pirating, he goes into an un named (in the trailer) African country and goes up a river to meet some actual modern day pirates.

One of the pirates boats has this emblazoned on one of the engines.

:laugh:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Has a fixture list been drawn up for 09/10 yet? I'm heading to England for a week or so in late August, just wondering if I'd get the chance to see any EPL games first hand.

Craig

World Traveller
Has a fixture list been drawn up for 09/10 yet? I'm heading to England for a week or so in late August, just wondering if I'd get the chance to see any EPL games first hand.
Are you planning on seeing some of the big teams? If so you will have to book pretty far in advance. I got told 6 weeks advance, but don't quote me on it.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Are you planning on seeing some of the big teams? If so you will have to book pretty far in advance. I got told 6 weeks advance, but don't quote me on it.
Follow Blackburn so I'd like to see them somewhere. Will be based in London (other than a trip down to Cornwall) and will be hiring a car but a trip to the northwest might be a bit much. An away game at Fulham would be a treat, but I'd be happy to travel to somewhere like Portsmouth.

I guess if tickets aren't a killer it'd be cool to see them at a big stadium like Emirates. Then I'd see my team get thrashed though :dry:

Craig

World Traveller
Follow Blackburn so I'd like to see them somewhere. Will be based in London (other than a trip down to Cornwall) and will be hiring a car but a trip to the northwest might be a bit much. An away game at Fulham would be a treat, but I'd be happy to travel to somewhere like Portsmouth.

I guess if tickets aren't a killer it'd be cool to see them at a big stadium like Emirates. Then I'd see my team get thrashed though :dry:
Depending on where you are staying, if you get off at Fulham Broadway (IIRC) and a five minute walk you will find Stamford Bridge and they do a good stadium tour. Your guide might give you some **** for being a Blackburn fan, but it is all in good fun :)

As for Cornwall, you know it is a bit behind the times, do you (Neil or Grecian to confirm)? :unsure:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Alright, guys. Need some help. Decide I need a team to follow, and properly.

Used to follow Chelsea, until Roman took over, and so I followed Middlesborough for a while following Jimmy Floyd over. But heart was never in it.

Don't really care whether it's Premier League or Championship, or even below, but I need an icon to follow in that side; prefer a side that attempts to play good football but has fatalistic flaws (like my favourite side in the AFL, Geelong).

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alright, guys. Need some help. Decide I need a team to follow, and properly.

Used to follow Chelsea, until Roman took over, and so I followed Middlesborough for a while following Jimmy Floyd over. But heart was never in it.

Don't really care whether it's Premier League or Championship, or even below, but I need an icon to follow in that side; prefer a side that attempts to play good football but has fatalistic flaws (like my favourite side in the AFL, Geelong).
Arsenal. Down to a tee that description.