Page 11 of 859 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 12872

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

  1. #151
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Arsenal is welcome to Olivier Dacourt since Inter don't won't him.
    No thanks.

  2. #152
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    44,909
    Would be short term option, but is French and Wenger's tried to sign him before when he was at Leeds & Everton, so certainly seen more outlandish rumours.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

  3. #153
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,270
    Roma?s Julio Baptista: I?m Not Interested In Manchester City - Goal.com

    Don't care about the article, he's ****, but lol'd hard at one of the lines in the article.

    Quote Originally Posted by That Article
    "Roma missed out on Champions League qualification and will instead compete in the inaugural Europa League, in which they may meet Manchester City, the club after Baptista's signature."
    Um, not a high chance of meeting us in the Europa League I don't think...
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

  4. #154
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Above you
    Posts
    15,421
    Wenger's back with £15m for fiery Felipe | Mail Online

    Please, please, please do it Wenger.

    IN : Vermaelen / Chamakh / Melo

    OUT : Adebayor / Silverstre; possibly Toure / Eboue.


  5. #155
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    44,909
    Quote Originally Posted by marcussjd9 View Post
    Wenger's back with £15m for fiery Felipe | Mail Online

    Please, please, please do it Wenger.

    IN : Vermaelen / Chamakh / Melo

    OUT : Adebayor / Silverstre; possibly Toure / Eboue.
    Surprising reporter for that piece. Still he's got to do something to pass the time of day during his rehab I suppose.

    Also had quiet chuckle at this headline: "From the next Becks to Spurs flop - the rise and fall of Aston Villa target David Bentley" Tee, hee, & indeed, hee.

    As the old man used to say: God doesn't pay his debts with money.

  6. #156
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,270
    Can't see Melo leaving Italy. Will go to either Milan or Juve I reckon.

    Also: Manchester City Eyeing Liverpool's Jermaine Pennant - Report - Goal.com

    lmfao, Elano better there tbh.

  7. #157
    International Coach duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So appalled...
    Posts
    11,451
    Forget being a very solid player in an area of need for us, I'd sign him for his name alone. Can't go wrong with a Melo.

    EDIT: Can see Arsene looking at Dacourt too:

    French : check
    ****e: check
    Cheap: check

    This year's Silvestre
    Last edited by duffer; 18-06-2009 at 06:34 AM.

  8. #158
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,398

  9. #159
    International Coach grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis
    Posts
    14,955
    Just bought my train tickets to Leeds, if Sky put it on the telly, I'll cancel my subscription.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

  10. #160
    International Coach duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So appalled...
    Posts
    11,451
    Looking at our late January to mid february fixtures:

    January
    Sat Jan 16 Bolton Wanderers A
    Wed Jan 20 Carling Cup Semi-Final (2)
    Sat Jan 23 F.A. Cup 4
    Wed Jan 27 Aston Villa A
    Sat Jan 30 Manchester United H

    February
    Sat Feb 6 Chelsea A
    Tue Feb 9 Liverpool H
    Sat Feb 13 F.A. Cup 5
    Feb 16/17/23/24 UEFA Champions League Knockout Round 1L

    Really not an ideal time to be losing 4 potential starters(Greedy, Eboue, Kolo and Song) to the ACN. An injury or two and our squad could be struggling with some huge games in the pipeline. Really need to bring in a couple of midfielders and possibly a squad striker.

  11. #161
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,398
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post

    Really not an ideal time to be losing 4 potential starters(Greedy, Eboue, Kolo and Song) to the ACN. An injury or two and our squad could be struggling with some huge games in the pipeline. Really need to bring in a couple of midfielders and possibly a squad striker.
    Pretty sure any time to lose Song would be ideal tbh.

  12. #162
    International Coach duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So appalled...
    Posts
    11,451
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Pretty sure any time to lose Song would be ideal tbh.
    Thought he improved a lot as the season went on. Definitely started to outplay Denilson and Diaby. Should never be a starter on a team that wants to win the league but very handy to have in the squad I reckon.

    Would shed no tears to see Diaby go imo, guy has all the talent in the world but is slow in the head. Reckon we could get more than enough money to make it worthwhile, he played more games on the left last season than in the middle. Like we tried to fit him there to give him playing time rather than actually have a player who can contribute.

  13. #163
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bonn, D
    Posts
    22,793
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Looking at our late January to mid february fixtures:

    January
    Sat Jan 16 Bolton Wanderers A
    Wed Jan 20 Carling Cup Semi-Final (2)
    Sat Jan 23 F.A. Cup 4
    Wed Jan 27 Aston Villa A
    Sat Jan 30 Manchester United H

    February
    Sat Feb 6 Chelsea A
    Tue Feb 9 Liverpool H
    Sat Feb 13 F.A. Cup 5
    Feb 16/17/23/24 UEFA Champions League Knockout Round 1L

    Really not an ideal time to be losing 4 potential starters(Greedy, Eboue, Kolo and Song) to the ACN. An injury or two and our squad could be struggling with some huge games in the pipeline. Really need to bring in a couple of midfielders and possibly a squad striker.
    It's earlier this year. 10 Jan to 31 Jan ( Angola 2010 ACN draw set for Nov. 20, Fixtures out - African Cup of Nations 2010 - CAF ). So you should have the players ready for the Chelsea and Liverpool games, but they'll miss the home game with Everton.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

    Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

  14. #164
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,398
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Thought he improved a lot as the season went on. Definitely started to outplay Denilson and Diaby. Should never be a starter on a team that wants to win the league but very handy to have in the squad I reckon.

    Would shed no tears to see Diaby go imo, guy has all the talent in the world but is slow in the head. Reckon we could get more than enough money to make it worthwhile, he played more games on the left last season than in the middle. Like we tried to fit him there to give him playing time rather than actually have a player who can contribute.
    Hmm dunno, I think Diaby is pretty decent actually, worth peservering with at any rate. I am being a little harsh on Song, but he is generally just not very good in my opinion, he generally seems to spend all his time fouling the other team and giving the ball away, he certainly is a trier, but seems to add very little to the team when he is in it. That said, neither does Denilson. Hope to see a bit more of Ramsey next year.

  15. #165
    International Coach duffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    So appalled...
    Posts
    11,451
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Hope to see a bit more of Ramsey next year.
    Have heard Wolves and Birmingham both shown some interest in taking him on loan for a season. Reckon him and Fabianski would benefit from a season at a lower level Premiership side.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Colts Thread
    By new_age_ar in forum CW Development League
    Replies: 3673
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 12:59 AM
  2. ***Official NRL 2009 season thread***
    By Jakester1288 in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-09-2008, 09:08 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 22-04-2007, 08:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •