• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Blackburn have agreed a fee with Olympiacos to make Matt Derbyshire's loan permanent. Although if he is to stay, I hope he goes well in learning Greek, must be a bastard of a language to learn.
το ελληνικά είναι ωραίo γλώσσα.

Craig

World Traveller
Looks like Carlo Ancelotti wants to bring Glen Johnson back to Stamford Bridge with a bid around £17.5m according to Pompey. A question for the United fans, how firm are the rumours of Mirko Vucinic leaving Roma and heading to Old Trafford? I know no bid has been recieved, yet.

In other news Let's again laugh at Necastle.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like Carlo Ancelotti wants to bring Glen Johnson back to Stamford Bridge with a bid around £17.5m according to Pompey. A question for the United fans, how firm are the rumours of Mirko Vucinic leaving Roma and heading to Old Trafford? I know no bid has been recieved, yet.
The Chelsea bid is to match the Liverpool bid - interesting to see if one will go higher, of if they won't, who Johnson would choose.

Vucinic has been linked with United before and I've seen the rumours doing the rounds again but there doesn't seem to be anything particularly firm about them. If we did get him we'd have, with Berba, the men responsible for arguably the two most laughable penalties of last season.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Why would he? They've cruised through the qualification (yes yes, I know, easy group etc) and RVN's been crocked since the end of Euro (and before it, tbf). His knees will be celebrating their 85th birthday by the WC anyway.
He wasn't garbage after EURO 08, he was going pretty well before he got injured. Its left to be seen though, when he returns for Madrid (or another club) whether he still has any fire left in him.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I think United should bid for Robben & unleash that talent that has been shocking been kept under the lid @ Chelsea & Madrid.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He wasn't garbage after EURO 08, he was going pretty well before he got injured. Its left to be seen though, when he returns for Madrid (or another club) whether he still has any fire left in him.
Where did he say that he was garbage?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyway, amidst all this transfer talk it seems appropriate to tell you all that my team currently have the following in our squad, contracted:

0 Goalkeepers
0 Right-backs
2 Left-backs (probably the best two in the division)
1 Centre-back (quality, but about 35/36 years old)
1 Right-winger (crocked)
2 Midfielders
3 Strikers

I haven't included out of contract players as it seems unlikely any of them will sign. Mr Barnes, yoiu have a hell of a job to do.
This time last year, Mansfield had 1 player on their books, who we've just released. Not a fan of the 1 year contract system, end up with a totally new squad each season.