• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Six of the best - well played Arsenal.

I'm going to move to Liverpool tomorrow, reckon I'll get a run in this Toffee defence.

chalky

International Debutant
Great fifth from Cesc, nice tribute to Daniel Jarque in his celebration as well, wag.

Edit: Don't think I'll be getting many fantasy league points from Leighton Baines this week...
I have Baines in nearly every 1 of my teams :(

On plus side I also have Febregas in a few

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
What a horrible, gutless, spineless, shocking performance that was. Haven't seen such a shockingly bad performance by a sporting team since...well since a week ago at Headingley.

Anyway I reckon we really do need to cash in on Lescott in order to get some more players into the team. Today is the first bad performance i've seen from Leighton Baines in an Everton shirt too. Not gonna be too hard on him because he's been absolutely outstanding since he joined. Just wasn't his day, nor was it anyone else's day in blue.

Hats off to Arsenal though. Awesome.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Smitteh must be happy. Lescott has now sewn up the transfer ordeal.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is John Barnes now the second coming?
Haha, I don't think so. But it would be nice to see some good footy this season. I loved Ronnie, shouldn't have been sacked, but it was never exactly easy on the eye with him in charge, so if we're gonna be mediocre it would be nice to at least be entertained being so.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ronnie Moore is a gun, I always thought he was great when he was manager of Rotherham, has been pretty dire straits since he left.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah look, I was never convinced about him as a manager (total legend as a player and coach at the SWA) until last season. We had one of the smallest budgets and mediocre crowds, and we were in the hunt until the 89th minute of the last game. He did a great job.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Have a feeling he has a bit of an ego problem though, I remember he once was apparently lined up to take over at Ipswich after they were relegated from the premiership, then he opened his mouth and said how he had the job in the bag, and subsequently the job was given to someone else.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh he has an ego problem and the guy is a complete womaniser as well. Apparently not that long before Ian Moore (back when he was still called that) signed for us him and Ronnie weren't talking because he'd binned his mum off for a younger lady.

That being said, in 2006 my mate Yeardo was ran over en route to Chesterfield away and broke his leg. Ronnie paid him a visit in hospital. The guy is Tranmere to the core.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Oh he has an ego problem and the guy is a complete womaniser as well. Apparently not that long before Ian Moore (back when he was still called that) signed for us him and Ronnie weren't talking because he'd binned his mum off for a younger lady.

That being said, in 2006 my mate Yeardo was ran over en route to Chesterfield away and broke his leg. Ronnie paid him a visit in hospital. The guy is Tranmere to the core.
Is it really wrong to laugh at this? If so, then I am truly sorry. :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha no it's fine to laugh, was pretty serious at the time, mind. He was told that 80% of people who get hit at the pace he was are killed, but he's a big guy to say the least and no doubt that saved him. He rang me from the ambulance and said "I'm missing the game, i've broke my leg," that gas and air works wonders I tell ya

In other news, facebook loads of fun tonight. Here are some excerpts.

Everton close in on Gunn for hot seat.

could quite happily cut her eyes out with a spoon after watching that game!

as bjork said... Its all gone quiet ahhh great result all lescotts fault ha ha

****in embarrassing. Need ale now! To all you red ****e who want to make comments 99 percent of you dont go the match so **** off

I hate kopites more than aids so **** off

Haaaaa What a joke. Lescott u can **** off too. Cz of u our confidence is low you greedy ****!
Just find it funny the people that need to attack another team when their own has been ****. Pizzorno summed it up pretty well, I'm glad more blues aren't like him though as I am incredibly entertained at the minute :ph34r:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Huge fuss kicked up from the Bristol City - Palace game.

Simon Jordan and Bristol's chairman both just interviewed on SSN. The latter came off like a right ****. Claimed it was ruled out because of an infringement, "and rightly so." SSN showed the incident and I didn't see any infringement. Just spent the rest of his time having a pop at Warnock, Jordan and pretty much everyone else. Now, I'm not sure about this because I were busy trying to get my head around how he could defend the goal not being given, but I think he even suggested that the FA should take action against Palace. What the hell for?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can't believe you mentioned Simon Jordan and someone else being interviewed and it was the other bloke who came off like a ****! FMD I need to see that interview.

I need to see this incident as I can't quite get my head around why a goal-kick was given :unsure:

I notice that Warnock said that Brizzle should have said something and got the goal given, but as far as I am aware football doesn't have such a code like cricket and the referee's decision is final. For example I remember Robbie Fowler claiming he wasn't fowled by David Seaman but the referee gave the penalty anyway, must have been back in 97 or so

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Well, it's a given that Jordan's a ****, but he at least had a genuine grievance. The other guy just wanted a rant because people pointed out that the ref dropped a bollock.