• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anyway, amidst all this transfer talk it seems appropriate to tell you all that my team currently have the following in our squad, contracted:

0 Goalkeepers
0 Right-backs
2 Left-backs (probably the best two in the division)
1 Centre-back (quality, but about 35/36 years old)
1 Right-winger (crocked)
2 Midfielders
3 Strikers

I haven't included out of contract players as it seems unlikely any of them will sign. Mr Barnes, yoiu have a hell of a job to do.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well we've signed a new left back Joe Jacobson from Bristol Rovers, don't know much about him but apparently he's played for Wales, but then out right back Eardley has played for Wales as well and he's prone to being **** from time to time.

We've also already signed Huddersfield reject Jon Worthington and Penny raided Darlo for Rob Purdie.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Anyway, amidst all this transfer talk it seems appropriate to tell you all that my team currently have the following in our squad, contracted:

0 Goalkeepers
0 Right-backs
2 Left-backs (probably the best two in the division)
1 Centre-back (quality, but about 35/36 years old)
1 Right-winger (crocked)
2 Midfielders
3 Strikers

I haven't included out of contract players as it seems unlikely any of them will sign. Mr Barnes, yoiu have a hell of a job to do.

They'll always hit you and hurt you, defending up tight, theres only one way to beat them, get round the back.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Effects mike picking up some choice words by young joe hart to his defenders in the U21 game. Beating the spaniards 2-0 as well, fair cop, even if we are playing half our senior team

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anyone want to sponsor me? I want a pound for every time someone mentioned World in Motion and its lyrics in relation to my team before the season starts.

Am currently on £34337 :D

Craig

World Traveller
Blackburn have agreed a fee with Olympiacos to make Matt Derbyshire's loan permanent. Although if he is to stay, I hope he goes well in learning Greek, must be a bastard of a language to learn.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Was more of a "van Basten is a ****" retirmement than a genuine one tho. Dutch footballers falling out with themselves and/or their coach is as much a part of their proud tradition as orange and total football.

Reckon van Marwijk could persuade him back with a coupla white wines and some sweet nothings whispered in his ear, myself.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Reckon van Marwijk could persuade him back with a coupla white wines and some sweet nothings whispered in his ear, myself.
Why would he? They've cruised through the qualification (yes yes, I know, easy group etc) and RVN's been crocked since the end of Euro (and before it, tbf). His knees will be celebrating their 85th birthday by the WC anyway.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Why would he? They've cruised through the qualification (yes yes, I know, easy group etc) and RVN's been crocked since the end of Euro (and before it, tbf). His knees will be celebrating their 85th birthday by the WC anyway.
Didn't say he would, said he probably could. Would appeal to the horse dentured ****'s ego to be asked is all.

If there was any chance I'm sure van der Vaart, Huntelaar or Robben could be go-between.