• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sam Stosur

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Amazing comeback, she is playing brilliantly from what i have seen, could go all the way!

Its also great for AUstralian Tennis for her and Dokic to be going well.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Awesome stuff. Very happy that she is doing well.This could definitely be the best thing for Australian Tennis.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopefully she produces results for a longer period than Alicia Molik did.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Incredible that it has been 20 years since there has been a female Australian semi-finalist. Australian woman dominated the sport throughout the 60's, 70's.

Very likeable girl; Stosur. Hope she does well, tennis at junior level is massive in Australia, be great to have someone to aspire towards for the young players.

ripper868

International Coach
:wub: stosur.

Is it just me or has the french been getting sweet FA media coverage in Aus this year? Hadn't seen a report until today regarding stosur being into the semi.

Simon

Is it just me or has the french been getting sweet FA media coverage in Aus this year? Hadn't seen a report until today regarding stosur being into the semi.
Was a fair bit around when Nadal went out but thats about it.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
She is doing well, it's good to see. Spotted her bushwalking in the Gold Coast hinterland the middle of last year. Might be something she wants to give up considering the Lyme disease problem. :happy:

ripper868

International Coach
Was a fair bit around when Nadal went out but thats about it.
Didn't even know that tbh honest :ohmy: had just assumed he'd be on his way to a final with roger/andy/novak.

Caught some of Federer this morning, looked in fine touch, especially with Nadal goneskies it could be his chance to get the monkey off the back.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

That's cause it was only last night that she reached the semi. :dry:

I think there has been enough coverage. I've been looking for it though and each morning the first thing I do is chuck on foxsportsnews to see the results of the matches I missed while sleeping.

Think the Nadal story was pretty big and Feds great escapes were mentioned a bit too. Good on Stosur I enjoyed watching her totally demolish the Romanian lass.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
There's a Sports Sub-Forum for a reason guys.

Sometimes, I feel like you're trying to disobey the rules. :(

ripper868

International Coach
Stosur deserves her own thread Nandy, Aus tennis has suffered for too long under the reign of Hewitt, all hail Stosur, for she has bigger arms than Hewitt.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't even know that tbh honest :ohmy: had just assumed he'd be on his way to a final with roger/andy/novak.

Caught some of Federer this morning, looked in fine touch, especially with Nadal goneskies it could be his chance to get the monkey off the back.
To be honest, it was overtaken by news that Oxenstierna fell in the first round of Gstaad...

Great news for Australian tennis to finally have someone playing well again. As Smith said above, hopefully Dokic and Stosur can carry the flame whilst our men are in the doldrums.

ripper868

International Coach
To be honest, it was overtaken by news that Oxenstierna fell in the first round of Gstaad...

Great news for Australian tennis to finally have someone playing well again. As Smith said above, hopefully Dokic and Stosur can carry the flame whilst our men are in the doldrums.

Indeed, was front page news of the CWDaily for two days.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tennis thread being denied posts :(

Awesome stuff though. She'd a good chance to take out Kuznetsova as well.

Craig

World Traveller
She is doing well, it's good to see. Spotted her bushwalking in the Gold Coast hinterland the middle of last year. Might be something she wants to give up considering the Lyme disease problem. :happy:
And I bet you know all of her daily activities :ph34r:

Dydl

International Debutant
Awesome stuff though. She'd a good chance to take out Kuznetsova as well.
Yeah, genuinely think she has a chance. It's all very exciting. :)

Echo the thoughts of above about Dokic and Stosur; there's lots of potential for us at the moment. Would have been an interesting match if Dokic hadn't got injured and they met in the 3rd round...

Simon

I agree she has a genuine chance of beating Kuznetsova. Most of these Russian girls have massive mental issues and can fall apart in big matches when they are being attacked.