• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chelsea or Manyoo- who do you hate more?

Who do you hate more- Chelsea or United?

• Total voters

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd be very surprised if United didn't comfortably take this poll, then again it's an international forum, so we'll see.

Why do I hate United? well that's easy. I took an interest in football when a mate invited me to a Tranmere game as a youngster. My Dad, a lifelong red, realised he had missed the boat WRT getting me to follow them across the river, so set about indoctrinating me of the evils of Manchester United. It was 1991. I did as I was told and hated them, it's instilled in me, and obviously it's been helped by the fact that they have ****ing won everything since I started watching footy; I think they have only had about 3 trophyless years in that whole time.

Plus Alex Ferguson is a moaning Scottish ****
Plus over the years they have had the rub of the green with referees
Plus they always used to score in the 97th minute
Eric Cantona, Roy Keane
Gary Neville
Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney
They actually once printed "THEATRE OF DREAMS" on their home strip
They blamed their kit when losing to Southampton
Peter Schmeichel
Everyone in ****hole areas without a footy team support them, worse than that, people in areas with footy teams in the FLC/L1/L2 support United instead
Alex Ferguson got knighted off one European Cup, Paisley and Clough were never honoured in that way
I could go on :laugh:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's Chelsea equivalents to a lot of that stuff, but more to the point- Peter Schmeichel?! :huh:

What's wrong with him?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He was a great keeper, without doubt. And I enjoyed his punditry on BBC a few years back.

When he was at United he was one of the worst for rounding on the referees, having a go at the opposition players, etc etc, also, red nose

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, fair one, though I reckon for every Chelsea player that is a **** I could name you three United ones - this is obviously because United have been at the top for much longer, but that's also why I think United should take this poll. Chelsea are just a ship passing in the night IMO and as such I won't invest any long-term hatred in them. Plus I quite liked Mourinho.

Uppercut

Would be interested in hearing your Chelsea equivalents btw
Owned by a Russian-mafia oil-thief
Negative football
Dider Drogba
Jose Mourinho and the everyone-against-us mentality
Referee-harassment as a tactic
Frank Lampard's ridiculous run of deflected goals
All of their fans came out of hiding as soon as they were any good
Used to be one of the division's most likeable teams before Ranieri was purged in order to comply with the club's thorough evilness policy
Peter Kenyon (although that once applied to United too, in fairness)

Much more short-term than the causes of hatred that have evidently been festering in you for the past twenty years, but they're still pretty easy to despise.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha, I love that last line, it's great

I see your oil thief and raise you one American idiot

Mourinho's a gun though, not having that!!

Interesting story (or perhaps not), my Stepdad lived down south for about 10 years until he met my ma and moved back to Wirral. In that time he took to watching Chelsea home and away, apparently a fair few of the people he used to go with don't bother anymore, disenchanted with the other people that follow them nowadays. So I'll go your point about their fans, I guess it happens to any team that becomes half-decent (used to see a fair few Newcastle shirts round here), the difference with United is that they had random supporters even when they were ****

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea

Uppercut

Haha, I love that last line, it's great

I see your oil thief and raise you one American idiot

Mourinho's a gun though, not having that!!

Interesting story (or perhaps not), my Stepdad lived down south for about 10 years until he met my ma and moved back to Wirral. In that time he took to watching Chelsea home and away, apparently a fair few of the people he used to go with don't bother anymore, disenchanted with the other people that follow them nowadays. So I'll go your point about their fans, I guess it happens to any team that becomes half-decent (used to see a fair few Newcastle shirts round here), the difference with United is that they had random supporters even when they were ****
Yeah, my Chelsea-supporting Uncle is the same. I guess when you've been getting behind a team run by Ruud Gullit and Claudio Ranieri featuring such loveable players as Gianfranco Zola and Roberto Di Matteo it might be hard to get enthusiastic about the team today.

I did actually quite like Mourinho as a person. He was always good for a chuckle, and i love the anti-Englishman who's not afraid to admit how good he is. But he left a really bad air about the club- the moaning, the blaming everyone but his team, the general dishonesty- it left a bad taste in the mouth.

Put simply, i never disliked Mourinho, but Mourinho made me dislike Chelsea.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Manure by far, well that's to say I don't hate Chelsea and I can't imagine a football club I could hate more than Manure. Though it's fair to say, If i could it would probably have to have a management team of Neil Warnock, Harry Redknapp, Sam Alardyce, Kevin Blackwell and Brian Talbot...Ronnie Moore could be involved as well.

Agree with GIMH's list but have a few personal extras, Mark Hughes for one, if that **** had have been sent off as he should have been in the 1994 semi final at Wembley, we'd have won 1-0 and we might not have gone winless for the rest of the season and got relegated from the premier league and ended up where we are now. Yes It's all your fault sparky you ****, you and the ref that day, hope he enjoyed his backhander.

Also items to consider...Ferguson's chewing gum, his refusing to talk to any tv stations that dare to criticise him or a Manure player, Gary Neville (WAC), have spawned a generation of diabolical managers Hughes, Kidd, Keane...

Will think of more reasons and add to this.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The only way you'll get me voting against the Evil Empire™ is by placing them up against Plymouth. Five years of oil splurge doesn't cancel out twenty.