View Poll Results: Who do you hate more- Chelsea or United?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chelsea

13 26.53%
  • United

31 63.27%
  • Robot Devil

5 10.20%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea or Manyoo- who do you hate more?

I loved Mourinho when he was at Chelsea, always good for a laugh (a few weeks back he compared himself to Robin Hood and Jesus). It certainly takes balls to come out and say some of the stuff that he has, and he is basically like that with the Italian media.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Yeah, fair one, though I reckon for every Chelsea player that is a **** I could name you three United ones - this is obviously because United have been at the top for much longer, but that's also why I think United should take this poll. Chelsea are just a ship passing in the night IMO and as such I won't invest any long-term hatred in them.
    This is exactly the reason I'll be disappointed for United not to take this poll at a canter. And I say this as a United fan.

When Chelsea start becoming more hated than us it will mean people care about them and that they actually mean something.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by biased indian View Post
    Manu any day against any team in the world ...just watch the last game against spurs ..the ref's always give it to them

Among English team like Liverpool a lot ..but its barca all the way as far as the fav team is considered
    Stay tuned for Biased Indianís views on politics, as he follows up a searing critique of Mussolini and his facist beliefs with a glowing tribute to Hitler.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    This is exactly the reason I'll be disappointed for United not to take this poll at a canter. And I say this as a United fan.

When Chelsea start becoming more hated than us it will mean people care about them and that they actually mean something.
    TBF, I'm old enough to remember a fair portion of the 26 years ManUre went without winning the title (halcyon days, etc, etc) and people still hated them then.

Some clubs (T*ttenham another) seem to be hated regardless of their success.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Yeah, Leeds another, probably hated them less when they were better
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis
    I've always hated them, and there were still many more glory-hunting fans in my school that went for United over the scousers, total myth that. They always had the Cup runs, how many Cup finals would th[ey have played in during those barren days. In fact older fans whining about their lack of success back then is one of my massive bug-bears with them. Try supporting Exeter City through those years you gits

It's hard to remember nowadays, but the FA Cup had massive kudos through those times. In fact the only live domestic club game most people used to watch. Also having players like Bryan Robson, Norman Whiteside and Gordon Strachan, what an hardship.

Also if Halz thinks that the 'pool get their chances talked up by an adoring press nowadays, he should of lived in those times, every time United won more then two games in a row, it would be "this is their year, and "wouldn't it be great if the glamour club could win the league again".

No it ****ing wouldn't and it still isn't......
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis

Icon14

Oh btw my vote goes to Manyoo

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Manyoo.

Chelsea fans voted for my favourite ever player as their All-time best.
    orz

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Chelski, as I'm a United supporter.

Love the United hate tbh. Having followed them since the mid-70s and having grown up through the 80s, I love those who say "People only support them coz they're the best side for the past X years", as they put on their Liverpool shirts (which they first started wearing in the 80s, of course), before heading to the bathroom to clean their last three teeth.

Haha, love doing that to my Liverpool supporting brother in law, who's from Morecambe and who's dad is a city fan, always have to ask when and why he started supporting the scouse.

Chelsea. Because although we've bought success, most of it was through money we made ourselves (or the Edwards family had avoided paying in tax, either way it was money made in the UK). Also because of the way Kenyon ****ed the Ronaldinho transfer only to **** off 3 weeks later. Deliberately sabotaged the deal to hamper us.

Also because John Terry is a ****

That and the fact i grew up within sight of Old Trafford (on matchdays, when the airships over the ground )
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Also because John Terry is a ****
    Bigger ****s in the United defence tho, tbf. Well one, anyway.

I've always hated them, and there were still many more glory-hunting fans in my school that went for United over the scousers, total myth that.
    I guess it depends on where you grew up. I imagine Burgey and I had much the same experience - growing up in Australia in the 80s (70s for him, I think ) it was all Liverpool. To this day most of my mates back home are Liverpool fans, as are most of the Australian guys of my generation who follow English football. As much as I'm always told with a huge sigh and roll of the eyes that everybody supports United, I don't actually know any of them. Truth is I'd love a few United supporting mates I could watch football with!

They always had the Cup runs, how many Cup finals would they have played in during those barren days. In fact older fans whining about their lack of success back then is one of my massive bug-bears with them. Try supporting Exeter City through those years you gits
    It's not really whining though is it? It is constantly pointed out to United fans that all these bandwagon-jumpers got onto the ManYoo train in 1993 and have been there ever since, barring a couple of years where they apparently all went off and supported Chelsea. Older fans merely note in response that United was also the country's best-supported club throughout the 70s and 80s while the scousers were cleaning up year after year and United's success was much less than over the past 20 years. Those of us that were around for even some part of that period remember very fondly the cup runs - the 26 "barren" years without a League title seemed to be brought up as a stick to beat us with as much by other clubs as by United themselves.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    It confuses me how some of those pathetically obsessed with a football club manage to feel contempt for casual fans who have lives. I say this as someone firmly in the former camp. What's the deal with all the hate of people who support a team in their spare time as opposed to as a lifestyle choice?
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I hate the team rather than the people, just to make it clear!
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    It confuses me how some of those pathetically obsessed with a football club manage to feel contempt for casual fans who have lives. I say this as someone firmly in the former camp. What's the deal with all the hate of people who support a team in their spare time as opposed to as a lifestyle choice?
    I suspect it's partly the glory hunting aspect of it that irks folk. I doubt you get too many casual (say) Exeter fans, but with the big clubs it's all too easy to buy the replica kit, sign up to Sky and eat the prawn sandwich.

It clearly takes more dedication to stand on a rain-sodden terrace in January too.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Owned by a Russian-mafia oil-thiefNegative football
    Dider Drogba
    Jose Mourinho and the everyone-against-us mentality
    Referee-harassment as a tactic
    Frank Lampard's ridiculous run of deflected goals
    All of their fans came out of hiding as soon as they were any good
    Used to be one of the division's most likeable teams before Ranieri was purged in order to comply with the club's thorough evilness policy
    Peter Kenyon (although that once applied to United too, in fairness)

Much more short-term than the causes of hatred that have evidently been festering in you for the past twenty years, but they're still pretty easy to despise.
    . Extremely harsh...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information