• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chelsea or Manyoo- who do you hate more?

Who do you hate more- Chelsea or United?

• Total voters

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's easier for them - most of their "supporters" struggle with words with more than three syllables

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
The actual answer I think is because there's only one United. :cool: If people say Utd they'll most likely think of the one in Manchester. Maybe in the 90s when Newcastle were doing well it wouldn't be.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If people want to know why Man Utd are the most hated team in England, see the post above, thanks :p

cpr

International Coach
Strange that. Have even heard people offended by it in the US.
Must just be in Manchester where they dont care then......

Find it hard to say we shouldnt be called Man U when because someone in America is offended by it, when no one in Manchester really gives a toss

Why are Man Utd known as "United' when there are other clubs with 'United' in their name too?
Theres very few cities with a team called United and another team with that cities name in the title. certainly out of former top flight teams, Can only think of Sheffield (having Utd and Wed). So others such as Newcastle, Leeds etc just became known by the cities name. With Manchester having both City and Utd, couldnt here. With no one else kinda being known by the utd moniker, it stuck to us.

Its very UK centric that one, throughout the rest of the world were just known as Manchester, due to Citys lack of involvement in Europe, most people tend to just think of us (sorry Smitteh)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I remember that Ranieri used to call you "Manchester" in interviews, very, very annoying

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Was actually just quoting something I've seen before by the Utd marketing machine about there being only one Utd. Geez.

cpr

International Coach
Was actually just quoting something I've seen before by the Utd marketing machine about there being only one Utd. Geez.

Ah, The Utd Marketing Machine, would've tried to highlight the benefits of concetration camps if it saw marketable value. About as trustworthy as an MP's expenses claim form.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
TBF Chelsea aren't actually still in the race. Mind you, neither will Liverpool be this time next week.