• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Baseball Draft

Fusion

Global Moderator
Mickey Mantle (CF)

16-time all star. Fair effort.
Whoops. Nolan Ryan.
These are probably my two favorite ball-players ever. Mantle, as legendary as he was, never realized his full potential due to his alcoholism. Ryan finished his career with my Texas Rangers and gave the team legitimacy when he signed with them. When he was on his game, I don’t think there was a more dominant pitcher (as evident by the 7 no-hitters).

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Can hardly go wrong with Roger Clemens

Jamee's 999ers:

Barry Larkin (SS)
Babe Ruth (LF)
Joe DiMaggio (CF)

Sandy Koufax (SP)
Roger Clemens (SP)

Fusion

Global Moderator
Eddie Collins (2B) and Bob Gibson (SP)

Gibson was as intimidating a pitcher as they come. My starting pitching of Walter Johnson, Cy Young, and Bob Gibson is simply bad ass. :cool:

Collins has a case to be the greatest second baseman ever. He's 10th on the all-time hit list, 13th in OBP, 7th in stolen bases, and batted an awesome .333 for his career.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Eddie Collins (2B) and Bob Gibson (SP)

Gibson was as intimidating a pitcher as they come. My starting pitching of Walter Johnson, Cy Young, and Bob Gibson is simply bad ass. :cool:

Collins has a case to be the greatest second baseman ever. He's 10th on the all-time hit list, 13th in OBP, 7th in stolen bases, and batted an awesome .333 for his career.
I'll raise you Glavine, Maddux, Spahn and Ryan. One more SP then a closer and :cool:.
Had a feeling it might be him.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I'll raise you Glavine, Maddux, Spahn and Ryan. One more SP then a closer and :cool:.
I'd say Johnson and Young > Glavine and Maddux. I would concede that Ryan > Gibson, though both are similar in style and dominance. So I still take my rotation over yours. It's all a matter of preference though of course. :)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'd say Johnson and Young > Glavine and Maddux. I would concede that Ryan > Gibson, though both are similar in style and dominance. So I still take my rotation over yours. It's all a matter of preference though of course. :)
Said mine over yours purely on the fact I had 4 quality pitchers to your 3.