• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League Draft

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Theres one for every sport why not Rugby League. Looking for at least 6 but no more than 12. Was thinking of a period of 1988 onwards, but thats negotiable and making it any players that have played in the NRL/ARL/NSWRL in that time.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So in. Just a question, does the player have to debuted after 88? or have played in a match after 88?

Last edited:

Simon

was thinking more along the lines of played after 1988, so for example someone like Peter Sterling would be eligible

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'll have a bash. Quite a few Brits played in the time period before league went summer up here so hopefully my lack of knowledge won't be too badly exposed. :ph34r:

Simon

We have exactly 12, here is the draft order. We will just reverse it each second round so if you pick last in round 1 you pick first in round 2 etc...

1 Boy Brumby
2 Blewy
3 99*
4 Simon
5 Clapo
6 NUFAN
7 Luffy
8 Chaminda_00
9 Mister Wright
10 Pinchy81
11 Michael7's
12 Julian81

Dale has 12 hours to pick, any player that played in the Australian local competition in or after 1988 is eligible to be picked.

Simon

Yeh thats my thinking. There have been so many players play in the history of the game we will end up with teams of players that no one has ever seen. The period of 1988-2009 in the NRL/NSWRL/ARL has had probably around 2500ish players, thats plenty to pick from for 12 teams.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting you have an all time draft, yet you can't pick players from the greatest Rugby League side of all time (St George 1950s). Think it is pretty stupid tbh.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah that's part of the reason I questioned it. Who cares if people haven't seen everyone play, it's been the same for basically every other draft and hasn't been a hassle. I'm fairly certain you won't get a team that is made up entirely of players that no-one has actually seen play simply because there will most likely still be a modern day bias.