• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the worst wrestling gimmicks

Indipper

State Regular
Right, let's hear it. A few to start things off:

Red Rooster
The American Dream (only purpose was to humiliate Rhodes, but he made it fly with his mic skills)
Well Dunn
The Bodydonnas (horrible gimmick, only to be explained with Vince's bodybuilding obsession. Candido was much better off as Candido and let's not talk about Tammy)
Max Moon (the only time I saw Konnan do anything resembling high flying)
Big Van Vader (dreadful gimmick, especially with the mask they build him in Japan)
Mantaur
The Goon
MVP aka Abe 'Knuckleball' Schultz
Bastion Booger
Virgil / Vince / Shane (poor dude, he was better off in UWF)

Last edited:

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Gobbledy Gooker

Fake Diesel and Razor Ramon

Isaac Yankem DDS

Kerwin White

Beaver Cleavage - Image Not Found

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Gobbledegooker is a definite, good call Pincheh

Kamala
Giant Gonzalez
Doink
Zeus

edit - also liking the fake Diesel/Hall idea - Diesel was the same guy as Isaac Yankem DDS (ie Kane) right?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Aldo Montoya has got to be in there as well.

Personally, I don't think Kerwin White should be included - if Eddie hadn't died when he did, forcing Chavo to drop the gimmick, I think that gimmick would have gotten over massively and provided endless comedy value. It was a very interesting and multi-layered gimmick, I thought, with the potential to challenge the 'foreigner = bad' rule that Vince loves to implement from time to time.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My first thought was Doink and glad his atrocity of a gimmick hasn't been forgotten.

Also nominate;
Pukeboy
The Spirit Squad
Repo Man
Disco Inferno

Do celeb appearances count as well? Because then Jay Leno, Dennis Rodman, Karl Malone, Pete Rose amongst others would be right at the top.

Also loved Kerwin White, was hilarity during it's short stint and Chavo pulled it off brilliantly. Razor Ramon was awesome but I think his nomination was his combo with fake Diesel.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Gobbledegooker is a definite, good call Pincheh

Kamala
Giant Gonzalez
Doink
Zeus

edit - also liking the fake Diesel/Hall idea - Diesel was the same guy as Isaac Yankem DDS (ie Kane) right?
Indeed it was.

Bastion Booger

Irwin R. Schyster (IRS)

Repo Man

Tugboat