• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest WWE Intercontinental Champion of All Time

The Greatest WWE Intercontinental Champion of All Time

• Pat Patterson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Randy Savage

• Ricky Steamboat

• Honky Tonk Man

• Roddy Piper

• Jeff Jarrett

• Triple H

• The Rock

• Owen Hart

• Steve Austin

• Edge

• William Regal

• Rob Van Dam

• Booker T

• Shelton Benjamin

• CM Punk

• Total voters

masterblaster

International Captain
Here's another WWE topic for all the fans on CW. The best WWE fans on the internet are on CW and it's the best place to have discussion.

The Intercontinental Championship has always been one of my favourites as it's one of those Championships that help establish the next big stars in the industry. Many distinguished stars have won the belt before.

Who is CW's pick for being the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time? Make your decision based on the quality of their Intercontinental Championship reign not their indicative status as superstars today for example stars like Shawn Michaels, Triple H and The Rock are huge stars and held the Intercontinental Championship, but never really did anything with it.

I've tried to narrow the poll down to those who I think should be in the best of list. It will be interesting to see who the CW fans pick as their Greatest WWE Intercontinental Champion of all time.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
My favourite Intercontinental title memories were when Chyna and Y2J were after it and Jericho played one of the best heels I've ever seen during that feud. So I went with Y2J.

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
I personally think that Chris Jericho is the greatest WWE Intercontinental Champion of all time. Having won the belt a record setting 8 times, he's done more for the belt than any other wrestler I can think of. With plenty of great matches and great moments he's my pick for the Greatest WWE Intercontinental Champion.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Here's another WWE topic for all the fans on CW. The best WWE fans on the internet are on CW and it's the best place to have discussion.

The Intercontinental Championship has always been one of my favourites as it's one of those Championships that help establish the next big stars in the industry. Many distinguished stars have won the belt before.

Who is CW's pick for being the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time? Make your decision based on the quality of their Intercontinental Championship reign not their indicative status as superstars today for example stars like Shawn Michaels, Triple H and The Rock are huge stars and held the Intercontinental Championship, but never really did anything with it.

I've tried to narrow the poll down to those who I think should be in the best of list. It will be interesting to see who the CW fans pick as their Greatest WWE Intercontinental Champion of all time.
Hmm, Michaels was a pretty solid IC champ in the early to mid 90s IMO. Agree on the others, though.

This is a tricky one. Will have to give it more thought./

masterblaster

International Captain
Hmm, Michaels was a pretty solid IC champ in the early to mid 90s IMO. Agree on the others, though.

This is a tricky one. Will have to give it more thought./
Shawn Michael's overall career has overshadowed his work as an Intercontinental Champion. Your point is well taken though and you've picked me out here. I should've chosen somebody like Steve Austin along with Triple H and The Rock to illustrate my example. Shawn was a good Intercontinental Champion, but his best work has always been at the WWE Championship level.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh yeah, agree that he went on to better things. I guess that's the difference with someone like Jericho, who hasn't done a whole lot in his few world title spells.

Back in 00/01 I used to write for a few wrestling sites. I remember when Rikishi won the IC and I wrote a big rant for my column about how it had been a great title in the past and now was being spoiled by him. TBH I was 16 so it was probs ****, but would love to dig that out if I could :laugh:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Rayzzorrr Ramon. Saw most of his title run and always identify the title with him. Michaels, Owen Hart come close seconds.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The Rock's heel IC title reign was hilarious in 98.

Bret Hart had some great early 90s matches for that belt too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
yeah, the one with Piper at 8 which was discussed in another thread was amazing

Best IC match in itself, for me, is the ladder match at WM X

But I've voted for Jericho, for aforementioned reasons (masterblaster)

Majin

International Debutant
Another vote for Y2J here. Same reasons as everyone else.

Best IC match imho has to be Savage/Steamboat at Maina III, that was one of the best matches i've ever seen.

tait express123

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think Y2J would have been the best but i went with jeff hardy because of how pain he puts hes body through and how many times has he amazed us with swanton bombs of not only 20 foot ladders but 60 foot jumps.