• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League game for PS2 and Pc

JasonHull

Cricket Spectator
when is it released? and is there super league, international tests,origin etc on the game can anyone fill me in?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually i do...

Game is to be Released in OZ, October this year...

Super League - Not confirmed
Internationals - YES
State of Origin - YES
Does it look awesome - HELL YEAH!!!!!!!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blewy said:
Actually i do...

Game is to be Released in OZ, October this year...

Super League - Not confirmed
Internationals - YES
State of Origin - YES
Does it look awesome - HELL YEAH!!!!!!!
I think you are getting a little bit worked up over there blewy, settle down and take a couple of deep breaths mate :P

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
From what i've seen of the screenshots the game is appearing to take shape graphic wise anyway.

The stadiums look fairly accurate & they're making a good attempt to have real player visuals.

I just hope they make an awesome season mode for NRL, a good player editor & good controls or this game will be like Rugby 2001 which started with a bang but ran out of juice very quickly.

Cloete

International Captain
actually i was just looking over some EA Rugby 2004 screenshots. it looks gr8. also the features sounds really aweosme. european cup and super 12 modes probably some of the biggest higthlights for me.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The demo for NRL, is nothing like the final version....
I have been informed that it is 100 times better than the demo...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
agreed, the demo of the nrl game was basically 20% complete so I wouldn't worry.

Blaze

Banned
Rugby League 2 coming out later this year. I am excited about the prospect of franchise mode and improved gameplay. Video ref is included which should be interesting.

http://www.trublu.com.au/signup.php trailer can be downloaded here.

http://www.rl2.info/ a couple of screenshots here.

What I like about one of them inparticular is the passing system shown.

The gamer has the option of tapping the pass buttons to pass to the players to the right or left of the ball carrier. Optionally, the gamer can hold down a pass button which will bring up buttons icons over the heads of various players along the attacking line. Pressing the relevant button will pass to that specific player.

The gamer can also tap both pass buttons simultaneously to pass to the 'playmaker' player, allowing a kick to be made from space.

In this way, the passing control in Rugby League 2 allows for quick arcade play, as well as a more strategic approach for crucial moments during the attack.

Simon

it was already supposed to be out :@
only a few weeks ago they were saying mid to late september, and im yet to see this game...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
November, spoke to EB yesterday and they have put it back so that all the info is up to date for this season... Better be out then ive already paid my deposit...

Simon

Blewy said:
November, spoke to EB yesterday and they have put it back so that all the info is up to date for this season... Better be out then ive already paid my deposit...
lol yeh, some of us are waiting for our free Brisbane Broncos control pads :@

thierry henry

International Coach
Apparently it was reviewed in some mag and given 9/10....by all accounts it's a big improvement, which is rather disappointing/ironic since it's all fairly low key compared to the massive excitement for the first game.

Blaze

Banned
thierry henry said:
Apparently it was reviewed in some mag and given 9/10....by all accounts it's a big improvement, which is rather disappointing/ironic since it's all fairly low key compared to the massive excitement for the first game.
It's still low key cause no release date has been set I think.

Blaze

Banned
For anyone interested

http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread.php?t=7388

Review that thierry mentioned.. looks so good IMO. In fact I have no doubt that this is going to be the best sports game I have ever played (PES4 aside).

17 international sides. lol.

Unlockables include 25 years of origin video footage and cheerleader video footage.

Oh and if you preorder from eb you get a free controller with the team of your choice logo's plastered over it and a dvd called rugby league's most electrifying moments from the 80's.

Hmmm Warriors or Tigers controller.. I don't want to be playing the game and look at my controller every so often and be reminded of the Warriors dismal season.