• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst stadium you have ever been to?

Craig

World Traveller
For me it is Gold Coast stadium, at Carrara, where they play the AFL matches up here, it is so bogan in every aspect of it. I mean the Gold Coast is going to get a team anyway, so build a new stadium, or just bomb the **** out of it.

pasag

RTDAS
Don't know about worst, but Waverley Park had benches instead of individual seats which was fairly annoying.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Boothferry Park (Hull's old ground) was an armpit. Decaying, exposed to the elements, ploughed field were the pitch should be...

PhoenixFire

International Coach
KC Stadium hockeypitch in Hull (again).

The actual pitch wasn't so bad, more like the KM squared carpark that was literally made up of gravel, mud and soil that was home to gypsies, tramps and other such cretins that you wouldn't wish to be near. Just a vast expanse that had zero shelter from the elements. The whole place is surrounded by council estates and the area leading up to it is horrible again. Fantastic pitch though.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In terms of facilities, Avondale Racecourse (if that counts as a stadium) is an absolute disgrace.

For location and access, Eden Park. A real bitch to get to and from. It's a horrible crush getting the train back from an ODI with a crowd of around 20,000...good luck with the Rugby World Cup final.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Spotland and Gigg Lane are grim and Bloomfield Road looks a forlorn site without the old south stand

fredfertang

which is a shame because when the old stand was there, and had a roof on it, and they had some supporters, there was a superb atmosphere there .............. and there needed to be because it was so ****ing cold

nb need a blue shivering smiley

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
which is a shame because when the old stand was there, and had a roof on it, and they had some supporters, there was a superb atmosphere there .............. and there needed to be because it was so ****ing cold

nb need a blue shivering smiley
Mate of mine got kicked out before kick-off at Blackpool once for being too drunk...he stood on the wall ten feet behind the goal watching the game, and occasionally we could hear a yelp of "whiiiiiiiite army"

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
3. Salisbury City - Raymond McEnhill Stadium

2. Histon - Glassworld Stadium

1. Ebbsfleet United - Stonebridge Road

All photos of the away ends I've stood in to watch City fail to rise above the squalour around them.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Pretty sure Salisbury's and Histon's grounds would probably be some of the worst uses of the word 'stadium' in history.

fredfertang

Mate of mine got kicked out before kick-off at Blackpool once for being too drunk...he stood on the wall ten feet behind the goal watching the game, and occasionally we could hear a yelp of "whiiiiiiiite army"
:laugh: brilliant!!

presumably he was too pissed to get frostbitten?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, he wasn't concerned about the cold, it was December as well. He spent the whole bus ride home telling us he'd been chucked out - as if we didn't know!

fredfertang

I expect that was his nice way of saying "if you lot were true mates rather than utter ***** you'd have shown a bit of solidarity and left too and joined me on the f****** wall"