• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby Union All-Time Draft

99*

International Debutant
Given the rise of the Cricket team drafts and their popularity I thought it would be a good idea to extend it to other sports. Same idea as the cricket ones. Want around 10 total with teams of 15 people. (150 players taken in total, unless we want subs)

Any takers?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd be in - my knowledge of rugby pre-1990 is a bit limited though so it would be a challenge.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Go on. I haven't been following the other ones, so I'm not quite sure how it works.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll play if you are short on people. I know very little about the history of the game so would have to do quite a bit of research.

99*

International Debutant
Seven in so far, need three more.

For those that don't know it's just like picking a fantasy team, but with all time players. The end results is trying to get the best overall team. Once we get ten people I'll get the draft order (who picks in what order) and we can start.

In:
99*
Somerset
Voltman
Jamee999
ripper868
Simon
Michaelf777777

I'll most likely be gone until 1ish tommorow morning (NZ time) but it should get underway this weekend.

ripper868

International Coach
I don't have access to the net so this will be my one of my last posts before monday...I know who i am picking first if i can pick within the next half hour

Francis

State Vice-Captain
I'm totally in. This sounds like tremendous fun. I've actually done this with someone before and had a blast.

So I'm guessing we all pick one player each, and take turns? Perhaps we should alternate who gets to choose first, second, third... otherwise the person who picks first all the time will likely get the best picks.

Just so we're clear. Now that we have 10 (me being the 10) I'm ready to start when you guys are.

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
99*
Somerset
Voltman
Jamee999
ripper868
Simon
Michaelf777777
Indipper
Francis

So we only need one more.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'm totally in. This sounds like tremendous fun. I've actually done this with someone before and had a blast.

So I'm guessing we all pick one player each, and take turns? Perhaps we should alternate who gets to choose first, second, third... otherwise the person who picks first all the time will likely get the best picks.

Just so we're clear. Now that we have 10 (me being the 10) I'm ready to start when you guys are.
It alternates - the person who picks first in one round picks last in the next, and the 2nd person picks 2nd last, etc.

99*

International Debutant
Sweet we have 10. So I'll get a draft order, each person has 24 hours to pick then they are passed over.

Draft order:

1- Michaelf7777777
2- Somerset
3- 99*
4- ripper868
5- Perm
6- Voltman
7- Simon
8- Indipper
9- Jamee999
10- Francis

So Michaelf7777777 is on the clock, you have 24 hours.

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Can we make it 24 hours, I live on the opposite side of the world to you guys. In addition, Dale will be pissed he missed this.

99*

International Debutant
Can we make it 24 hours, I live on the opposite side of the world to you guys. In addition, Dale will be pissed he missed this.
No problem. And anyone can join up until the end of the first round. (they just get put in at the end of the order) Will cap it at 15 people though.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Contemplated selecting a legendary All Black lock from a few decades ago but I'll secure Daniel Carter, rated by most as the best player in the world today, at first five.

99*

International Debutant
Hmm. Conflicted here, want to take one of three players. Was hoping two of the three would be gone by now so it would be easy. But now I have to choose.

I'll go with Colin Meads. New Zealand's most celebrated player.