• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby Union All-Time Draft

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Frik du Preez
The man Colin Meads, Benoit Dauga and Willie John McBride rated the best lock of their era. He was going to be my pick.

There go my three contenders for my first choice. It was going to be between Michael Jones, Frik du Preez and Colin Meads. I decided I'd pick Jones first because while Meads and du Preez may be the most celebrated players in their respective countries, there are plenty of great locks in the history of rugby union to still have a good side. So I was going to pick Jones because in terms of great opensides, Jones is generally regarded as being ahead of the rest by a good margin. So I was going to pick du Preez based on what Meads, Dauga and McBride said of him when Jones was taken.

Now I have put my thinking cap on.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'm going to try and get my target player on the way back up, but in Round One, I'm going to select the man who will be given the task of finishing my moves, by destroying whomever stands in his way. We select Jonah Lomu, powerful as a forward, scores like a back.

Check out his moves

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Keith Quinn ejaculating when Lomu ran over the fullback will forever be etched in my mind.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
I'll select Zinzan Brooke. Extremely powerful as a forward with the ball skills of a back - just at home playing 7s and he is playing the 15-man game. Could make runs reminicent of a certain Welsh no.8, but more powerful. Could pot-drop goals for fun. Great at backing up the play as well - an extra back.

Disappointed I didn't get to pick Frik du Preez though.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I hate this guy massively. But I never seen anyone in so many all time sides and I don't feel personally there a lot of great hookers.

2. Sean Fitzpatrick (NZ)

99*

International Debutant
There goes my hooker. :dry:

Code:
Michaelf7777777- Grant Fox (#10)
Somerset- Daniel Carter (#10)
99*- Colin Meads (#5)
Perm- Richie McCaw (#7)
Voltman- Michael Jones (#7)
Simon- John Eales (#5)
Indipper- Frik du Preez (#5)