• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby Union All-Time Draft

ripper868

International Coach
Jamee, can i message you my selections? I'll be gone for the weekend again...and im guessing brumbers wont be on before the workday is out.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Also going for an English front-rower, pitbull himself, Brian Moore.

We've never really replaced the irascible scourge of les frogs. Played in three Grand Slam winning teams in five years, which is two more than we've managed in the 14 years since. A master technician and master of the recondite dark arts of the front-row.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee, can i message you my selections? I'll be gone for the weekend again...and im guessing brumbers wont be on before the workday is out.
Sure. I won't be on for much longer tonight, but with 2 tests (woop) being played, I imagine I'll be on CW a lot this weekend.

ripper868

International Coach
Sure. I won't be on for much longer tonight, but with 2 tests (woop) being played, I imagine I'll be on CW a lot this weekend.
Hmm...never mind, i'll back chaminda to pick before the work day is out, and if he hasn't i will put my first one down at least, cheers anyway.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Don Clarke (#15)

Goal kicking fullback, just what I wanted. Only problem is that he is Kiwi. Though I getting used to it.

Hopefully Ripper is still around.

ripper868

International Coach
I'm still Here,

Struggling to find a 12 for the moment...got a few in mind but i think they can wait...curse you brumby for stealing Horan

Rory Underwood will take my #14 Jersey

Over to Ohtani

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Toutai Kefu (#8)

Got players now in all the key positions. So I can start picking my favorite players. Kefu to start off with.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ceyon RUFC

1. Os du Randt (SA) - 80 Caps, 25 Pts
2. Sean Fitzpatrick (NZ) - 92 Caps, 55 Pts
4. Ian Jones (NZ) - 79 Caps, 42 Pts
6. Francois Pienaar (SA) - 29 Caps, 15 Pts
8. Toutai Kefu (Aus) - 60 Caps, 50 Pts
9. George Gregan (Aus) - 139 Caps, 99 Pts
10. Phil Bennett (Wales) - 37 Caps, 210 Pts
15. Don Clarke (NZ) - 31 Caps, 207 Pts

Does anyone know where I can find some accurate Rugby stats?

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
RRUFC

Keith Wood (#2)
David Gallaher (#6)
Peter Winterbottom (#7)
Nick Farr-Jones (#9)
Naas Botha (#10)
Phillippe Sella (#13)
Rory Underwood (#14)
Gavin Hastings (#15)

An International team it must be said....Only two players from the same country thus far.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Torn between at least four here, but am going with the dancing feet of Jason Robinson. The kind of talent us Anglo Saxons produce all too rarely; our three-quarters tend to be out and out fliers like the aforementioned Underwood snr or running slabs of muscle. Billy Whizz had the whole package: lightening over ten yards, eye for space & (possibly because of his league background) a beautifully timed off-load.

His definitive moment was his try in the first Lions test versus Oz in 2001. A certain Aussie wing (unnamed here because he's a very fine player in his own right and might be selected & hasn't been yet) showed him the outside & Robinson was gone in a space of no more than three yards.

ripper868

International Coach
Torn between at least four here, but am going with the dancing feet of Jason Robinson. The kind of talent us Anglo Saxons produce all too rarely; our three-quarters tend to be out and out fliers like the aforementioned Underwood snr or running slabs of muscle. Billy Whizz had the whole package: lightening over ten yards, eye for space & (possibly because of his league background) a beautifully timed off-load.

His definitive moment was his try in the first Lions test versus Oz in 2001. A certain Aussie wing (unnamed here because he's a very fine player in his own right and might be selected & hasn't been yet) showed him the outside & Robinson was gone in a space of no more than three yards.
Was torn between him and underwood...went underwood cuz im a bit of a purist...and that aussie winger you mention...if it's who i think it is...get yer mitts off.

EDIT: turns out it's a fullback, put your mits on all ye want.

Last edited: