• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 14 2009 Discussion and Fantasy League

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Only three days until Super 14 2009 kicks off, thought it deserved its own topic which we could also use for a prediction competition.

I thought that given a fair few of us are already signed up to the Superbru prediction site (superbru.com) we could use that - I started a new pool called "Cricket Web", search for that and you should find it. Hopefully I've set it up alright.

Theres also the fantasy competition on fantasyrugby.com where you have to select a team of seven players who then score or lose points for you based on their performances. The Cricketweb league there is also entitled "Cricket Web".

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
The Superbru site is essentially a tipping competition with bonuses for picking margins close to the actual result. Though I'd be keen for a straight tiping competition on the forum too. :)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Go the Tahs - my Godfather is coaching them this year, so I'll be interested in teh S14 for the first time in years.

Simon

The Superbru site is essentially a tipping competition with bonuses for picking margins close to the actual result. Though I'd be keen for a straight tiping competition on the forum too. :)
Yeh I would tip if it's in a thread like this, if I have to go to another site then chances are I'll just forget and wont bother.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week one schedule is as follows:
Highlanders vs Brumbies
Force vs Blues
Lions vs Cheetahs
Crusaders vs Chiefs
Hurricanes vs Waratahs
Stormers vs Sharks
Bulls vs Reds

From memory, in the past we made one game a "match of the week" which was worth double points for getting correct, should we do the same this year?

ripper868

International Coach
Week one schedule is as follows:
Highlanders vs Brumbies
Force vs Blues
Lions vs Cheetahs
Crusaders vs Chiefs
Hurricanes vs Waratahs
Stormers vs Sharks
Bulls vs Reds

From memory, in the past we made one game a "match of the week" which was worth double points for getting correct, should we do the same this year?
Nah, Straight up and down i say.

Brumbies
Force
Cheetahs
Crusaders
Waratahs
Stormers
Reds

Backing the Aussie teams could prove fruitless, but I'm feeling patriotic.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Stormers Sharks, the game of the week. I can’t wait; the times for the Super14 are great out here.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Highlanders
Blues
Lions
Chiefs (did the double last year over the Crusaders, didn't they?)
Hurricanes
Sharks
Bulls

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Highlanders
Blues
Lions
Chiefs (did the double last year over the Crusaders, didn't they?)
Hurricanes
Sharks
Bulls
Not sure what you mean by "the double" as the sides only play each once and the Chiefs didn't make the top four but yes the Chiefs beat the Crusaders in the round robin.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure what you mean by "the double" as the sides only play each once and the Chiefs didn't make the top four but yes the Chiefs beat the Crusaders in the round robin.
Yeah schoolboy error. Last two years?

Just seem to remember whenever I see the Chiefs play the Crusaders they always seem to chuck the form book away and do well.

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah sorry. Last two years? Just seem to remember whenever I see the Chiefs play the Crusaders they always seem to chuck the form book away and do well.
Going back a while so had to double check, but you're quite right. Remember also that the Crusaders obviously won't have Carter this season so who knows, the Chiefs may well be a good bet to make it three on the trot against the Crusaders.

99*

International Debutant
Highlanders vs Brumbies
Force vs Blues
Lions vs Cheetahs
Crusaders vs Chiefs
Hurricanes vs Waratahs
Stormers vs Sharks
Bulls vs Reds

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Highlanders
Blues
Cheetahs
Crusaders
Waratahs
Stormers
Reds

Can't wait to see how the Reds go this season, hoping they can push their way up into the top 8 at least.

cometer

State Regular
Highlanders vs Brumbies
Force vs Blues
Lions vs Cheetahs
Crusaders vs Chiefs
Hurricanes vs Waratahs
Stormers vs Sharks
Bulls vs Reds

Simon

Highlanders vs Brumbies
Force vs Blues
Lions vs Cheetahs
Crusaders vs Chiefs
Hurricanes vs Waratahs
Stormers vs Sharks
Bulls vs Reds

ripper868

International Coach
Can't wait to see how the Reds go this season, hoping they can push their way up into the top 8 at least.
Will need to improve on their trial game, just turned over far too much ball and were ineffective until Giteau left the field, some exciting young prospects however mixed with some good experience. Hynes at Fullback is a good move IMO, made some great last man one-on-ones.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Theres also the fantasy competition on fantasyrugby.com where you have to select a team of seven players who then score or lose points for you based on their performances. The Cricketweb league there is also entitled "Cricket Web".
Password is "Bob" for anyone interested.

Dunno what's going on with the player values tho; couldn't spend anywhere near my $10m.

Tips:

Brumbies
Force
Lions
Crusaders
Hurricanes
Stormers
Bulls

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Highlanders vs Brumbies
Force vs Blues