Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Super 14 2009 Discussion and Fantasy League

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Surprised that Kirchner didn't at least make the squad, but even more surprised that both he and Terblanche were omitted yet Earl Rose makes the cut?? They may well play JP Pietersen at fullback and Habana and Nokwe on the wings after all.

Wouldn't have predicted Ralepelle making the squad, and felt that Brussouw deserves to be in the squad, but other than that and the strange choice over fullbacks, a reasonably predictable Springboks line-up IMO.
    General consensus (well according to the coach's press conference) is that JP is likely to play FB, as he can run the ball from the back and fits in with De Villier's 'total rubgy' mantra. But that could change as the captain and vice, Victor Matfield have a lot of say, more than in any other era and both players feel a more conservative approach is what you need to beat the Lions.

Rationale put forward to Brussouw's omission is that on dry/flat conditions, Dinosaur's power would be needed more. Heinrich is likely to come into the equation during the tri away games.

Chiliboy can count himself lucky, as can Bismarck in all honesty, his throwing isn't that reliable and the inform hooker in South Africa is Derick Kuun of the Bulls.
    Last edited by TT Boy; 02-06-2009 at 03:35 AM.

International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    61 - 17.
    I thought that was a joke prediction
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    All these Broad fans are no doubt Kohli fans too. Fans of tosspot wankers.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread Information