• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 14 2009 Discussion and Fantasy League

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Crusaders
Highlanders
Hurricanes
Brumbies
Sharks
Bulls
Stormers
Looking at the Stormers' loss of a few key players, I'll change to the Force in the final match of the round.

Crusaders
Highlanders
Hurricanes
Brumbies
Sharks
Bulls
Force

cometer

State Regular
Blues will be kicking themselves for not putting the game out of reach in the 1st half against the Brumbies. The 2nd half was completely different and rather unexpected given the way the game had been played.

Chiefs played well to beat the Hurricanes too, especially restricting them to only 8 points. Hurricanes still safe in my book to make the semi's although they might find themselves playing the semi final in South Africa now.

cometer

State Regular
That's what I was implying without explicitly stating it. Sharks are in serious trouble now and require other results to assist them make the 4.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week Thirteen Results (out of 7):
Samuel_Vimes 6
Ripper868 5
BoyBrumby 4
Simon 4
Voltman 4
Cometer 3
Somerset 3
TT Boy 3

Standings after week thirteen:
Cometer 57
Somerset 55
BoyBrumby 54
TT Boy 53
Voltman 52
Samuel_Vimes 51
Ripper868 50
Simon 44
Clapo 26
99* 22
Luffy 9

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Slightly gutted that I changed from the Stormers, injury hit and struggling, to the Force, who then went and gave up any chances of a semi final spot by losing. At least I mentioned that the Sharks looked vulnerable against the Waratahs, just wasn't brave enough to swap my prediction!

Would take something ridiculous for any of the Hurricanes, Chiefs and Bulls to be knocked out (in fact its impossible for the Bulls not to make the semis) but that fourth spot is wide open. With the Bulls to face them, my money won't be on the Sharks to take it, but the Crusaders have the Blues and even though the match is in Auckland, the Crusaders shouldn't be unhappy about playing a Blues sides that performed as badly as they did in the second half in Canberra on Saturday. Brumbies have a tough task of facing the Chiefs and even after a few wins on the trot the Chiefs at home will be tough opposition. Wouldn't count out the Tahs who have the unpredictable Lions but I think they're already one point behind both the Crusaders and Brumbies which reduces their semi final chances somewhat.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week Fourteen fixtures:
Chiefs vs Brumbies
Lions vs Waratahs
Blues vs Crusaders
Reds vs Hurricanes
Force vs Highlanders
Cheetahs vs Stormers
Sharks vs Bulls

-----

Chiefs
Waratahs
Crusaders
Hurricanes
Force
Stormers
Bulls

I'm not sure picking five away teams to win is the right approach but so be it...

ripper868

International Coach
Chiefs vs Brumbies
Lions vs Waratahs
Blues vs Crusaders
Reds vs Hurricanes by 200
Force vs Highlanders
Cheetahs vs Stormers
Sharks vs Bulls

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chiefs vs Brumbies
Lions vs Waratahs
Blues vs Crusaders
Reds vs Hurricanes
Force vs Highlanders
Cheetahs vs Stormers
Sharks vs Bulls

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Chiefs vs Brumbies
Lions vs Waratahs
Blues vs Crusaders
Reds vs Hurricanes
Force vs Highlanders
Cheetahs vs Stormers
Sharks vs Bulls

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Chiefs
Tahs
Saders
Canes
Force
Cheetahs
Bulls

Very tough round and I've got a feeling (not enough to go with) the Lions and Blues are going to be party poopers...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Chiefs
Waratahs
Crusaders
Hurricanes
Force
Cheetahs
Sharks

May be subject to change depending on cometer's tips tho.

In other news, Somers looks to have sealed the DT comp with an awesome last round. I scored 230 which is mediocre-to-average but not a shocker and I'm suddenly 140 behind! Bah. :p

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
In other news, Somers looks to have sealed the DT comp with an awesome last round. I scored 230 which is mediocre-to-average but not a shocker and I'm suddenly 140 behind! Bah. :p
Just like last season, my team seems to have accumulated more value ($1.5million in fact) and the extra funds have made the difference IMO. 330 points last week gives me a nice lead and I fortunately have a few transfers in hand for the semis and final too.

Simon

Just like last season, my team seems to have accumulated more value ($1.5million in fact) and the extra funds have made the difference IMO. 330 points last week gives me a nice lead and I fortunately have a few transfers in hand for the semis and final too.
I havent looked. Im guessing I'm a few thousand points behind?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I havent looked. Im guessing I'm a few thousand points behind?
The standings at the moment are:
1 Somerset (Somerset) 3071
2 The Fen Brumbies (Boy Brumby) 2932
3 PSV Eindhoven (Simon) 1831

Given you haven't changed your side since week one you could be worse off...

Simon

The standings at the moment are:
1 Somerset (Somerset) 3071
2 The Fen Brumbies (Boy Brumby) 2932
3 PSV Eindhoven (Simon) 1831

Given you haven't changed your side since week one you could be worse off...
Next year I'll make an effort, I usually take a passing interest in the Super 14 until the NRL season starts, just cant get myself more into it than that.

cometer

State Regular
Chiefs vs Brumbies
Lions vs Waratahs
Blues vs Crusaders
Reds vs Hurricanes
Force vs Highlanders
Cheetahs vs Stormers
Sharks vs Bulls

As much as I'm hoping otherwise I think they will be the results. Ideally though I'd want the Brumbies to win with a bonus point, Chiefs not to get a bonus point, Crusaders not to get a bonus point and the Reds to beat the Hurricanes. In the event that happens Brumbies get a home semi final. That's so unlikely to happen though, I don't even think we'll even get the win to give us that chance sadly.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
ops. Think I've missed one match.

Chiefs vs Brumbies
Lions vs Waratahs
Blues vs Crusaders
Cheetahs vs Stormers
Sharks vs Bulls
Reds vs Hurricanes
Force vs Highlanders